Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 WM Statesman Head Unit Upgrade

Gazoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WM
Hello, I am new to this forum.,
I have the WM Statesman (2010) and I can't find any good info regarding what AV stereo head-unit replacements are compatible with this vehicle.
The vehicle has GM factory fitted Blaupunkt stereo\GM Navigation and screen\ 6 -cd changer and I would lke to upgrade to a new AV Stereo head unit with BT with both Android and Apple CarPlay options.
Doe s any one here have any advice on the best head unit options available?? - I'm not too fussed on costs.
Thanks in advance.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Seriously tricky on the WM.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
All I can suggest is retro fitting the S1 VE Calais trims in matching interior trim (eg light urban) but not sure if that’s possible with the WM dash.

Then you could look to something like an Alpine ILX-702D or the Halo which will be able to integrate with the rear DVD.

However, the WM has 3 climate zones and there is only a HVAC adaptor facia that has dual zone control. So there will be a few head aches there.

Tough gig.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Any wiring would have to be done professionally to integrate the RSE.

Not sure adaptor looms would be available.

You’ll be looking at a budget of around $4k including Calais trims and labour.

Gazoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WM
Hey thanks fo rth edetials. I'll keep at it. Cheers

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just not sure Calais V trim will fit up to the WM Dash.

Gazoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WM
Cheers for that. Still working to find a way.

GazmanH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman 2008
Hey Gazoo, did you find a solution for your WM? I have the 2008 with the same setup, most reference VE I to VE-II changes, but i am trying to get my head around what happens to the fascia buttons etc as all the newer units have integrated controls etc. I'm mostly keen on getting DAB & a decent bluetooth connection since the WM doesn't have USB & only crappy BT 1.0. And not to mention the horrible CD based SatNav taking up half the glovebox. i've seen a few where they just replace it all with a 9 or 11" screen and basically try to hide what is behind but that doesn't seem ideal to me.

Gazoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WM
Hey Gazoo, did you find a solution for your WM? I have the 2008 with the same setup, most reference VE I to VE-II changes, but i am trying to get my head around what happens to the fascia buttons etc as all the newer units have integrated controls etc. I'm mostly keen on getting DAB & a decent bluetooth connection since the WM doesn't have USB & only crappy BT 1.0. And not to mention the horrible CD based SatNav taking up half the glovebox. i've seen a few where they just replace it all with a 9 or 11" screen and basically try to hide what is behind but that doesn't seem ideal to me.
Hey @GazmanH, Yes I did find a decent solution. Much lke you I considered a 9-11" unit over the top but wasn't keen on the finished look. I bought and a Pioneer Head Unit and a new fascia panel for the surround (had both professionay installed) and it worled quite well. If we are alloweed to post photos I can upload a couple for you so you can see how it looks.