Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 WM Statesman Head Unit Upgrade

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
1646993622650.jpeg

Post it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hey @GazmanH, Yes I did find a decent solution. Much lke you I considered a 9-11" unit over the top but wasn't keen on the finished look. I bought and a Pioneer Head Unit and a new fascia panel for the surround (had both professionay installed) and it worled quite well. If we are alloweed to post photos I can upload a couple for you so you can see how it looks.

Yes, we are allowed to upload photos.

The best way is to use Imgur.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you use imgur make sure you mark it as “hidden”. Then copy the link to it and post the link here. It should show up.

As an example:
8E330F59-201A-4C56-8740-3A0F1430E41C.jpeg

GazmanH

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman 2008
Hey @GazmanH, Yes I did find a decent solution. Much lke you I considered a 9-11" unit over the top but wasn't keen on the finished look. I bought and a Pioneer Head Unit and a new fascia panel for the surround (had both professionay installed) and it worled quite well. If we are alloweed to post photos I can upload a couple for you so you can see how it looks.
Thanks Gazoo much appreciated. May i ask which Pioneer unit and where you got the fascia from, i think i may go in a similar direction. Even yesterday trying to listen to a sports radio app ... the only way was to plug in the old 3.5mm Jack...now we cant even do that on modern phones without yet another accessory...

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
However, the WM has 3 climate zones and there is only a HVAC adaptor facia that has dual zone control. So there will be a few head aches there.

Tough gig.

Only Caprice had tri-zone climate, so it's a slightly easier upgrade for Statesman. Still tricky though.