Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011/2012/2013 Cruze?

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Thinking about one of these for my daughter's 1st car. Any known or common issues that I should be looking for?

Also, what European car are they based on or are they home grown?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Try posting in the general section, should get you a better response.

Not home grown or based on anything, it was the first to use the Delta II platform, and they're a Chev originally. I do believe the Australian ones are built here though.

GM Delta platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Thanks. Dunno about accuracy but a different wiki article said that it's related to the Chev Cobalt. And you're right, assembled at the Elizabeth plant.

So you think posting in the general section might give me a better idea about known issues?

My daughter (15) wants a Commodore because I've let her drive my Calais lol. I just think size and running costs might make a V-car a bit impractical for her, not sure.. Also in a year or two when we will be seriously looking, a really good, low km VY/VZ Commodore/Calais will be even harder to find than they are now.

HYDRO FAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5ltr ute
Hi, I have a 1.6ltr turbo SRI, done 36000klm in 18mths, no problems at all apart from a smell from the a/c sometimes.Good on fuel, torquey when on boost.

Country trip in 6th gear at 110 is about 2400 rpm.

Tyres are very important to the fine handling of the car, the standard tyres are Bridgestone Potenzas and are brilliant, got 30000klm out of the front ones,grip under provocation started to diminish at about 25000,back ones should be good for about 45000.

Great allround car.