Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 berlina VE engine swap

Blyth321

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE berlina
Wondering if a 3.6 litre SIDI will go in a 2011 berlina international , currently 3.0 LFW , would like the extra power of the bigger engine but not sure if it’s compatible, do I need the identical engine to slot straight in ?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Physically Yes,
Electronically no,

If you have the ECU & possibly the BCM from the donor car, it should be ok,
pending if its from a Wagon, it needs to go in the wagon, the same with a Sedan.

I can understand the request for more power,
But depending what you use the car for, there is not much difference when its empty, I had a 3.0L in a 2009 VE Berlina Wagon, and I thought it wasn't to bad empty, but it did struggle with 150 > 200 kg in the back, so I sold that, and purchased a VE S2 L77 Wagon.

However, Its best to do 1 for 1 swap ,3.0L out, 3.0L in, less of a headache and more cost effective.

Blyth321

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE berlina
Physically Yes,
Electronically no,

pending if its from a Wagon, it needs to go in the wagon, the same with a Sedan.

But depending what you use the car for, there is not much difference when its empty, I had a 3.0L in a 2009 VE Berlina Wagon, and I thought it wasn't to bad empty, but it did struggle with 150 > 200 kg in the back, so I sold that, and purchased a VE S2 L77 Wagon.

However, Its best to do 1 for 1 swap ,3.0L out, 3.0L in, less of a headache and more cost effective.
Physically Yes,
Electronically no,

Thanks a lot this makes sense

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Remember to let VicRoads know of the Engine Number change too.