Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 Holden commodore misfiring

Combatjane91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlin's 2011
Hey,
So I’ve noticed lately my 2011 Holden commodore wagon has had an issue with a few things... first thing that came up was the engine light would come on and stay on until I’d fill the tank with premium petrol and then it would go away, second thing is when I’m driving her I found as I’d hit 60kms she’s start misfiring until I either slowed down or sped up and I’d hear popping sounds from the muffler... third issue is the misfiring and power of the overall car would considerably lower when the AC is on and I have no idea why? She’s been regularly serviced and taken care of so before I take her to the mechanic I’d like to pick the brains of you intelligent folk so I had some sort of idea what to ask for to be checked.... be kind in not mechanically minded so if I’ve worded it wrong it’s because I don’t know

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Check fuel pressure.
Check injector function
Check coil function
Check spark plug condition.
Check accessories for worn bearings, belt wear, etc.

A misfire should normally set a code which can be read by diagnostic tools. That will tell us a whole lot more.