Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 series 2 SV6 3.6 SIDI

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Another question I have for you guys is this......do you notice smoke from the rear of the car under heavy acceleration? I know that when I put my foot down I blow a fair bit of smoke which obviously tells me that it's burning the oil pretty damn rapidly. Could this also be caused by faulty or rings that aren't bedding properly?

Yes I really notice it if I have done a lot of city driving, then when I boot it onto a freeway on ramp, it leaves a brown haze.

So my oil consumption has stop but I still have the brown haze.

P.s since the oil consumption has stopped I run the car at eastern creek and pulled a 15.16 which was a little slower than I thought a SV6 S2 Sportswagon would go. I hoped for a 14.9 as that's what the Camry I was racing against was running.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
OK update time again:
I have just called Holden dealer to book in for Friday to do the 3rd oil consumption check and top up, has not used as much oil as previous, as per dipstick reading.
The service manager that was handling my case no longer works for this holden dealer, so the person i now have spoken to advises me that Holden state that when doing an oil consumption test, it needs to be commenced as soon as car is serviced, WTF, the previous guy had no issue???? This is bullshite, WTF does anybody give a F@%k anymore.
This will definately be my last Holden I am afraid to say. Anyway, I have about 4000ks till my 30thousand k's service. So in with some full synth and I will see how that goes. If still using heaps of oil, then back on the oil consumption merry-go-round test after the service.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
I call BS, my oil consumptions test were done at 3000km intervals with the first done when I drove in and complained about a noise, the noise was low oil.

They topped it up created a warranty card showing oil was full at XXKm and the proceeded to do 3 tests and report to Holden.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
I call BS, my oil consumptions test were done at 3000km intervals with the first done when I drove in and complained about a noise, the noise was low oil.

They topped it up created a warranty card showing oil was full at XXKm and the proceeded to do 3 tests and report to Holden.

I called the GMH Tech cust care line and they also advise me BS from the dealer. He said to go and speak to the Dealership Principle. So I will be going in for the 3rd oil check BS and get them to record k's and how much oil was used in last 1000k's and send it into Holden. GMH advise oil consumption tests can start at any time.
Why do they have to F#@k people around? Don't they realise we have sunk 30K plus into our cars, so we sort of expect a bit of loyalty and good advise from them. NO?

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
Hence why I will never buy another Holden, back to a Toyota Hilux for me in another 18mths.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
ive got a 2012 VE Series 2 SV6 UTE and ive done 5000km and it was down to the half way marker it don't bother me i just top it up and off i go its only oil.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
ive got a 2012 VE Series 2 SV6 UTE and ive done 5000km and it was down to the half way marker it don't bother me i just top it up and off i go its only oil.

Yeah i spent $40k on a car to lift the bonnet each week and top up the oil.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
its oil cmon don't be a tight ass. and you should be checking under the bonnet each week regardless new car or not just common sense

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
its oil cmon don't be a tight ass. and you should be checking under the bonnet each week regardless new car or not just common sense
No its not that it is just oil and no its not that we are tight asses. The point is. a NEW FARKEN CAR SHOULD NOT BURN OIL LIKE THIS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU BRO? There is something wrong, and I, for one, intended to keep this car for a long time. Also I check under the bonnet every, farken day, cause of this oil burning issue, How tha Fark do you think I picked up this issue in the first place, I did not have to wait for the OIL light to come on.....
I KNOW, YOU MUST BE A RICH C#NT AND CAN AFFORD TO REPLACE YOUR VEHICLES EVERY YEAR?
The problem is that it is people like you that do not say anything to the dealers/Holden, and makes it harder for those who give a F%@k to get them to do anything.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyway, was in at Holden dealers on Friday, got the 3rd oil consumption test done, which my car used 700mls in 1100k's, not real farken good. Then i got them to dump the old oil and I now have a fresh sump load of Castrol Edge 5W30. See how long that lasts, maybe like others on this forum, it may not burn off as quick????? Apparently Holden have a couple of test cases for oil burners and are working on a fix??? yeah, OK. I am not holding my breath.All I can say is BULLSH#T