Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 ve omega iq system upgrade

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This will help OP.
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/ve-commodore/holden-iq-headunit-conversion/

Where it all began:
http://www.carmodder.com/view_doc.php?doc_id=78&model_id=19

It is sort of straight forward.
Se previous posts as well (reflash etc)
You need an adaptor loom. (It can't be plugged in as is because of wiring/pin out differences)
Aftermarket GPS Antenna, or the one that came from your mates car. (even better). That can be mounted under the dash trim below the windscreen (as is factory location series 1), or behind the instrument cluster, under the centre top trim or on the left A pillar under the trim.
You'll need the trim panels and top vent and top vent duct.
Dash spears too.
The top centre trim that covers the speaker.

The headunit cage as well. I wasn't able to find a difference between our old one and the S2 cage. I had them side by side and appeared the same to me. I still used the S2 one incase there was some difference I was missing.

You will need the dual zone module from the SV6 which is mounted between the fan and the main HVAC body.
(That may also need some work to match it to the car, not sure on that one though) It's just screwed in (one or two screws)

You might find a 2016 map update on eBay. Just inserts into the side flash card port.

We put the USB port in the centre console. This way, when the phone is plugged in as an iPod and connected to Bluetooth, it works well with Siri functioning from the steering wheel. We spent years with the USB in glove box and it was crap. Never got used because it was a bit awkward to be usable via only Bluetooth. Phone functionality was compromised.

Does your mate have a reverse camera?
This would be handy to get a hold of as well.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have wagon, and the rear window only has the demister on it,
Where my GPS antenna is mounted on the windscreen behind the mirror.
This is cool. I did some digging through the manuals and found heaps of new things I hadn't noticed before :)

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
You need an adaptor loom. (It can't be plugged in as is because of wiring/pin out differences)

Adaptor loom not required as OP is Series 2 IQ and new unit is also Series 2 IQ it will be plug and play after reflash and GPS antenna install.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yep, Mine is behind my rear view mirror mounted on the windscreen,
Within the grey strip along the top of the screen.

Utes must be different, both VE's don't have anything on the windscreen apart from the mirrors.
Nothing mounted on the rear screens either.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adaptor loom not required as OP is Series 2 IQ and new unit is also Series 2 IQ it will be plug and play after reflash and GPS antenna install.
*face palms self*

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Our Calais has the auto wiper sensor gear in the box on the windscreen behind the mirror.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Our Calais has the auto wiper sensor gear in the box on the windscreen behind the mirror.

My Redline and Maloo don't have that.