Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 VE SSV Starting Issue

SSVLEA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi All (long rant coming - sorry) , About 3 weeks ago i sold my trusty old VY SS after 341,000ms and 9 years together and purchased a 2011 SSV Redline, my joy however has been shortlived.
I bought it from a Toyota dealership and two days after getting it home i discovered that it started fine in the mornings if not a little sow to crank but then in the afternoons after sitting around all day the car would take up to 12 key turns to start it would just click like the battery was flat, took it back to dealership and they replaced the battery and told me checked starter motor and alternator as well as checking for faults with scanner and found none, they gave the car back to me as they could find no issue - except to suggest that maybe i wasnt putting the clutch down when trying to start the car which i was. The issue was still present with the car so they have no sent it to the holden dealer within their franchise (not sure why that wasn't done in the first place) - they have no told me that the battery is definatley being drained by something so they need to keep it longer (ive had the car for 3 weeks and have hardy been able to drive it :( - was wonderng if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with VE models and if holden found a fix for it. Thanks in advance

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yes when the door open switch was sticking. Another time with a DashCam. Another time with a Waeco. They don't need it overnight to check for that?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Probably want to fully charge the battery overnight before doing current draw testing.