Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 Colorado LTZ 4x2

ROUGHCOATS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Colorado LTZ 4x2 5spd manual
Hi

Just wanted to share my experience of owning a Holden Colorado 4x2.

It has just done 4000klm, and has had its 3000klm check. AT the completion of which the dealer said I have to take it back in January to have the following fixed:
New Canopy(the current one is bowed), new door seals, new centre console (mine is rubbing on the gear shift), either a new clutch or gearbox (they wont know until the drop the box) and new front bumber mounts (my bumper pops off the left front corner if left in the sun).
They have fixed the wheel alignment (severe pull to the left), faulty reverse sensors and polished out the numerous scratches that were on it.

Given the experience I have had with an Omega Sportswagon (zero issues), this is bloody dissapointing. photo.jpg

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
It looks good though, if that's any consolation.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
too bad mate, we got the 4x4 turbo diesel LTZ and not a single problem what so ever...
awesome car to drive, awesome fuel economy great power when u need it and good off road (well, where we have taken it anyway)

no complaints what so ever.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
What sort of economy do you get?

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
we get about 900k to a tank freeway driving

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Looks very nice mate, too bad about the problems though, hopefully they will all be fixed under warranty though. I have the older 2011 model LT-R and haven't had a single problem with it yet, only done 8,200kms.

ROUGHCOATS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Colorado LTZ 4x2 5spd manual
Thanks for the comments. It does look good. Its back at the dealership today having the engine mamnagement unit checked as it has stalled 3 times in third gear. 1st time was a bit of a shock, 2nd time a bit unexpected, the 3rd dangerous as I was trying to merge onto the M1 at the time. Who ever dreamed up the restart sequence needs to be shot. Have to be at a complete stop, 1st gear, clutch in before the starter engages. After loosing power in 3rd gear, coasting with no power steering and no power brakes, trying to restart should be easier than that.
The bright note is that the fuel economy is brilliant - 950klm + on average. It rides nicely and the seat is comfortable. Just wish Holden can fix it.

Jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Thanks for the comments. It does look good. Its back at the dealership today having the engine mamnagement unit checked as it has stalled 3 times in third gear. 1st time was a bit of a shock, 2nd time a bit unexpected, the 3rd dangerous as I was trying to merge onto the M1 at the time. Who ever dreamed up the restart sequence needs to be shot. Have to be at a complete stop, 1st gear, clutch in before the starter engages. After loosing power in 3rd gear, coasting with no power steering and no power brakes, trying to restart should be easier than that.
The bright note is that the fuel economy is brilliant - 950klm + on average. It rides nicely and the seat is comfortable. Just wish Holden can fix it.

its a shame your having so many problems with the manual though. we got the auto and its perfect