Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// 2012 Lapierre DH720

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
sounds like you had a blast jest.
also good to see you're back on the bike.

definitely have to get out there with you sometime.

give it time, you'll begin to get more comfortable on the bike and skills will evolve over time.
keep at it and youll be hammering those a lines.

afterall the more you ride the more youll understand how it will ride and will tackle the terrain.
not that I can talk because I haven't seen anything bar the BMX since Aus Day at BawBaw :p
but even just riding that, know how it handles and have found ways to have some good fun on it, like trusting the tyres in high speed leans on corners.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Lol, yep, a break smashes the fitness, that's what shuttle runs are for.

Great pics now that I can see them Jester.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Got bored so I put on my new shoes, Minion DHF TR up front and High Roller II TR holding up the rear, very sticky.

I wish we had somewhere like Barjarg around here, Vic seems to have the El-primo virgin soils. We have virgin rocks and dust.

50jeip.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Canberra would be Stromlo right?
looks like a close drive tbh :p

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Canberra would be Stromlo right?
looks like a close drive tbh :p

Yeah and Kowen, very popular.

Lol, for a day squirt a 1k km round trip probably isn't on the cards :p

Hopefully the softer stickier rubber will make light work of the rocks. Tubeless with some Stans is a must around these parts.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
So yesterday at YY was a blast!

I got there nice and early and with the shuttles starting at 9.55am, I managed to get in a good 5 odd runs of Cressy before my mates and the rest of the crowd arrived.

The track was nice and grippy and confidence was up. The success of the day was doing the first double on the lower, fast part of the track. Mainly because there was a photographer there. :p

However I imagine my efforts will just end up in the recycle bin on their desktop, but I was pumped as I had always wanted to do that jump.

After clearing the that double, I wanted to do the next one which doesn't have the forgiving landing. And the achieve this I figured the thing I needed was more speed.

Then this happened:

IMAG0822_zpslngkbaqs.jpg

IMAG0824_zpsrkpfey1g.jpg

I was carrying too much speed over the crest at the top of the lower park of the track and glanced the rock just over the crest on the left. For those of you playing along, this is the same rock that brought me undone when I still had the giant:

[YOUTUBE]uPF2sfG-PAM#t=215[/YOUTUBE]

When I hit and came to rest, I could smell that hot metal smell when you angle grind something, so I imagine the impact of lower vs rock probably sparked. I was very lucky as another 3-5cm to the left and the impact would have been more direct into the rotor.

Anyway, my wife put together a first aid kit for me the week before so I popped back to the car, cleaned out the grazes, cuts and gouges and got in a few more runs.

It was a great day out, I thing there is a Cressy day in Sept and I am SO F###in' there.

Some final pictures of the rig before it got a wash. :)

IMAG0826_1_zpsxypmojjt.jpg

IMAG0823_1_zpswie2kcfm.jpg

IMAG0828_1_zpsfhusa4sd.jpg

IMAG0827_1_zpso65h086j.jpg

IMAG0829_1_zps8uxxzude.jpg

And the post wash/shower relaxation beer.

IMAG0831_zpspw2azfbo.jpg

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Haha! Yeah, but mine was through a knee/shin pad.

Time for a better one I think.

I was a bit upset about the scratches on my lovely ride, but then got over it as taking a beating is what the bike is designed to do.

Though I did research some fork guards. Might invest.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Haha! Yeah, but mine was through a knee/shin pad.

Time for a better one I think.

I was a bit upset about the scratches on my lovely ride, but then got over it as taking a beating is what the bike is designed to do.

Though I did research some fork guards. Might invest.

These are awesome, very unobtrusive for a guard too.

That's the truth of the matter, when you spend a few grand you get a hammer.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, I've got troy's on my elbows and forearms. I like them but because they are material on the outside, I want to get something with a hard outer for the knee's shines.

Looking at my current pads and the marks on them, the legs take a beating from branches, etc even when not crashing so a material outer will get torn up which.

These are my current pads and they have taken their fair share of abuse. I can't see a material outer taking the same beating and not being shredded.

IMAG0834_zpshf4iuekx.jpg