Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 SV6 dash air vents

tlm2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 S2 SV6
Hi, Does anyone know how to remove/replace the dash centre air vents in a 2012 sv6? I have just bought the car last week and the previous owner had a vent mounted air freshener and has broken the vents. Thank you for any help.

tlm2408

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 S2 SV6
Thank you h8tensv6, I've had a look there a few times, but they don't seem to have any info for me. Closest I could find was an s1 to s2 conversion.

Ru5tee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 ZS Sportswagon
Thank you h8tensv6, I've had a look there a few times, but they don't seem to have any info for me. Closest I could find was an s1 to s2 conversion.
Did you find anymore information on fixing the vents?
Cheers

cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You are unlikely to replace just the vents. New or replacement vent will come as part of the whole assembly they are attached to. Even from the wrecker, they will sell the whole panel.

The link given will be handy for heaps of things so worth saving that little gem.

Your series 2 should have the round vents. That’s a sort of easy replacement.

You’ll need to remove the trim from the sides too. That’s in the link.

Use this link to get your head around things. Step 32 shows how the trim and facia (which are connected with screws at the back) go on.
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/ve-commodore/holden-iq-headunit-conversion/