Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE s2 head unit and aircon not working

Jai Bennett

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commdore
I went to start my car the other day the head unit screen is black and the aircon is blowing full ball cold the buttons for the aircon don’t work. The hazards don’t either. No sound etc comes through. I’ve disconnected the battery for 15 minutes when turning the car back in the aircon will stop completely but when you turn it off and on again the aircon will blow full ball again. My dash and speedo works fine just the whole head unit panel and aircon buttons don’t work. Any help is appreciated !

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Try RiCeY's trick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180311-170558.png
    Screenshot_20180311-170558.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 2,686

Jai Bennett

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commdore
hey mate thanks for the reply I did read this up on another page to but I tried looking up how to pull the facia off itself and haven't been unable to figure out. if I could get a hold of some step by step pics on how to ill 100% !

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
hey mate thanks for the reply I did read this up on another page to but I tried looking up how to pull the facia off itself and haven't been unable to figure out. if I could get a hold of some step by step pics on how to ill 100% !
That fix is for a Series1.
It sounds like your IQ has failed, my Redline IQ did the same thing in the last month of warranty.
When I scanned it with a Tech 2, got a message stating 'unable to communicate with entertainment system'.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
It’s pretty easy just grab the bottom of it and pull, it’s takes a bit of force to get it to unclip and might feel like you are going to break it but it comes off.
Have a look at the link below it’s for a series 1 but it’s the same for the IQ system

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/ve-commodore/holden-iq-headunit-conversion/

I think it may have been mention somewhere else but try removing the fuse by the battery for 15 minutes

Jai Bennett

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commdore
That fix is for a Series1.
It sounds like your IQ has failed, my Redline IQ did the same thing in the last month of warranty.
When I scanned it with a Tech 2, got a message stating 'unable to communicate with entertainment system'.

Hey mate so what was the fix? How much was it? Cheers for the info

Jai Bennett

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commdore
It’s pretty easy just grab the bottom of it and pull, it’s takes a bit of force to get it to unclip and might feel like you are going to break it but it comes off.
Have a look at the link below it’s for a series 1 but it’s the same for the IQ system

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/ve-commodore/holden-iq-headunit-conversion/

I think it may have been mention somewhere else but try removing the fuse by the battery for 15 minutes

Cheers for the reply when you say try taking out fuse near battery are you talking about the one on the positive terminal? That’s all I can see near the battery

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey mate so what was the fix? How much was it? Cheers for the info
The IQ was replaced under warranty, didn't see the cost.
Try and find someone with a Tech 2 and get it scanned.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON