Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE SSV Redline Ute- Heron White

WestySSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Redline Ute

WestySSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Redline Ute
been pretty quiet lately. setting up to race go karts next year so that has taken a bit of my money. Finally ordered some new parts for the ute so waiting on a few boxes to arrive from the mainland and all going well should be finished before powercruise in January :)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

WestySSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Redline Ute
If you're still looking for headers and cats, check out Sureflo in Sydney.

They have short, stainless 4 into 1's, with high flow cats, that should bolt straight up to your KPM cat back, and they tuck up nice and high as well.

cheers for the advice but already ordered headers and cats.

Went for KPM 3" Ceramic coated 4 into 1 7/8 headers and KPM 100 Cell high flow racing cats.

Duspeed OTR

Then local tuner to tune it once all installed.

Also getting window tint.. just still tossing up whether to go 5% or 20%

just awaiting all the boxes to arrive from the mainland hopefully just after christmas they turn up! damn Santa is late

Stevothedevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II MY12 SSV Redline
If you're still looking for headers and cats, check out Sureflo in Sydney.

They have short, stainless 4 into 1's, with high flow cats, that should bolt straight up to your KPM cat back, and they tuck up nice and high as well.

Cheers thanks for doing that sound vid. She sounds plenty tough to me!

Window tint, I've read when guys go too dark they can't see out the side windows at night, almost have to drive with windows down. Well done on the mods mate, she looks great!!

We have the same 2012 SSV Redlines (Ute/Sedan) and I haven't done a bloody thing yet haha.

PS Don't forget it's Christmas tomorrow, you'll have to buy yourself a Chrissy prezzy for the beast!!

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey mate. The ute looks and sounds awesome. With window tint. I had 20% on my vs which was for about 4 years and have it on my ve ute now and have never had a problem. Reversing into parks and what not at night time is easy. But 5%. You would probably have some issues haha. Oh and i got defected twice for my vs but not once did they pick up on the tint and never had to get it replaced either.

Just my two cents :) 20 looks schmick too

WestySSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Redline Ute
yeah i had 20% on my old xr8 but at times felt it wasnt dark enough on the side..
I think I'll go 20% on the rear window and 5% down the sides..

anyway santa arrived early ( well half the presents have turned up rest should be here just after )

headersampcats_zps06840e79.jpg

ONN41R

Bagged Life!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2009 MY9.5 VE Berlina
Smart move seeing James mate. He knows his stuff and produces quality. I bought my kit from him but installed it myself in my VE Berlina. Quality products. Nice set of black 20's and a big cam will make the ute the envy of many ppl. Props for chopping into it straight off the showroom floor.

WestySSVRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Redline Ute
Smart move seeing James mate. He knows his stuff and produces quality. I bought my kit from him but installed it myself in my VE Berlina. Quality products. Nice set of black 20's and a big cam will make the ute the envy of many ppl. Props for chopping into it straight off the showroom floor.

yeah I was happy with James and everything he did for me whilst i was in Sydney.. I would of loved to do the install myself but I'm not the best bloke with tools ha.

cam will come eventually, Always wanted a cammed V8 so it's only a matter of time but currently doing stuff in stages :) get more satisfaction rather then doing everything at once.

cheers its nice having a bagged VE in TAS, very rare sight to see a bagged vehicle down here full stop so nice to be different.. just hope everyone doesnt copy me ha ha

ONN41R

Bagged Life!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2009 MY9.5 VE Berlina
yeah I was happy with James and everything he did for me whilst i was in Sydney.. I would of loved to do the install myself but I'm not the best bloke with tools ha.

cam will come eventually, Always wanted a cammed V8 so it's only a matter of time but currently doing stuff in stages :) get more satisfaction rather then doing everything at once.

cheers its nice having a bagged VE in TAS, very rare sight to see a bagged vehicle down here full stop so nice to be different.. just hope everyone doesnt copy me ha ha

Yea doing it in one big hit won't give ya the satisfaction like taking ya time and gradually buildin it up. My mate has a 6.2L clubsport wagon and just got massive cam, OTR and exhaust with tune. Pulls 503hp at the wheels. Makes me want a V8 haha something that sounds lumpy as with the power to prove and on bags would be so nice to drive.
As for ppl copying, well bags r becoming much more popular so soon enough u will hve a twin.