Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE SSV Z Series

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
So got the Catback on today.. Mild steel 2/1/2".. the best price for a custom one I could get... and I'm far from happy...

My ears are bleeding from the droning and it sounds like a straight piped alloytech....

AND the guy put a F#cking sticker on my back window.. Will never go there ever again

Should have just went stainless from the start

exhaust note preferences will vary, i would recommend finding a second hand difilippo catback or if you have the money, a full new system ($3700). I like them because they have a deep sound, xforce sound tinny, pacemaker and manta have more bark.
Only drone with tge difilippo will be going up a hill at a particular speed, every other time like highway you wont even know you have the exhaust done.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
There is only one exhaust that actually sounds like a proper V8 on VE /VF , Difillipo hands down the best system.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
I have to save up a bit first since work has completely stuffed me over.. I will definitely look into Difillipo

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
The place in Adelaide that supplies and fits DPE systems wants $2570 for a catback or $4800 for a full system
So I'm going to order everything minus headers from DPE's website for $2880(ish)

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
c&a autofashion in melbourne do a full dpe system/otr and custom tune for $4700

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Put stock mufflers on and its quiet now, never appreciated a stock system so much lol

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
The mufflers the exhaust shop put on. They were really small almost like a hotdog but about 2x the diameter, they were causing the droning, vibrations and rattling

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
spend some money on a good exhaust man, difilippo/pacemaker/manta, look on gumtree and or facebook, club ve on facebook has some good things here or there or the marketplace on facebook is good too. You dont have to spend alot of money but if you want something youll be happy with its most likely going to cost more then $1000, id look into some hsv headers and have a exhuast shop fit some 200 cell cats to them and a good brand catback like difilippo or pacemaker, will sound awesome and if you get the catback second hand wont be more the $1200-$1500. From there a cai and tune might cost you $900 and i can guarantee that youll be loving the sound, performance and improved fuel consumption

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
can you upload a pic of system and rear cans, if you want a bit of snap crackle pop and growl, stock system and j-pipes (some like some don't)
I have a 2 1/2" system with merge at front 2 hot dogs middle and 2 large sports mufflers with offset entry/exit at rear no drone, (well maybe tiny bit in sixth doing 100kph trying to accelerate uphill)good sound, with snap crackle and pop