Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE SV6 Z Series

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
So some kid swapped got some Alpine speakers and suddenly we need a thread for it? :hit:

He posted up his install for anyone that was interested or had questions. I did. Sorry if that offends you. Douchebag.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
He posted up his install for anyone that was interested or had questions. I did. Sorry if that offends you. Douchebag.

+1

This is the car audio section. He posted his setup. What's the issue?

On topic: I have the Alpine Type S setup with a slim sub. Very happy with the Alpine gear! :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
+1

This is the car audio section. He posted his setup. What's the issue?

On topic: I have the Alpine Type S setup with a slim sub. Very happy with the Alpine gear! :)

We have a thread at the top, post your car audio system, let's all start our own thread then just because we upgraded our audio equipment, that's a good idea.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
My buddy who runs a recording studio leaves each new pair of monitors or headphones playing all day and night for several weeks. Bit too intense for me...

I do it too with home audio equipment. Thing is your ears will adjust very quickly to something, people say ( for example) 100 hours burn in time ect, by the time you've listened to something for 100 hours, your well and truly adjusted to it. Hear something for the first time though after burn in and you'll know straight away whether you like the sound or otherwise sell and move on to try something else. I've done back to back listening with some akg701's a couple of years ago, a new pair and one with a coupe of hundred hours, night and day difference. Some stuff makes no difference at all though.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I do it too with home audio equipment. Thing is your ears will adjust very quickly to something, people say ( for example) 100 hours burn in time ect, by the time you've listened to something for 100 hours, your well and truly adjusted to it. Hear something for the first time though after burn in and you'll know straight away whether you like the sound or otherwise sell and move on to try something else. I've done back to back listening with some akg701's a couple of years ago, a new pair and one with a coupe of hundred hours, night and day difference. Some stuff makes no difference at all though.

Hmm... so you mean his not the only Nutso around eh? lol. Fair enough that you would hear a massive difference guess I've just never had the patience!

Mind you his ear for quality goes a long way. The studio has two rooms which he has poured tens of thousands of dollars into deadening in it. I don't know how he did his referencing but he tells me that there is no reflection and entirely absorption in the walls. -3dB is the claim. While I can't verify any numbers, the thing I can verify is that I hate the rooms with a passion. I can't spend any longer than an hour in there.... when I stop playing, the amp has this massive hum that I swear it only makes when its in that room and when doing vocals, inbetween takes I can hear my own breath and my heart beating. Just freaks me the hell out. Don't like it. Nope, no I don't.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Dead rooms are only for recording, you wouldn't want one at home. Any "boxed speaker needs reflection points treated, otherwise you hearing the same sound more than once off each reflection point arriving at a different time. The time between can be so small you sometimes can't even measure it, but there is a audible difference in most rooms though once the 1st and 2nd reflection points have been treated. The roof can cause problems too.

Some speakers work well in lively rooms, think open baffle, they uses these points to reflect the sound think of it like free room treatment. They have pros and cons just like anything else. If you like lively rooms you can knock up a sweet set of open baffles for a few hundred bucks that will have you on the end of your seat, until the fatiuge kicks in.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Well... that was off topic of our off topic conversation.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
and I just finished fitting 4 120Ah AGM batteries into our caravan! Should I do a fifth?