Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 Sv6 Z-series Ve li My12 4ds ABS MODULE struck by lighting

Ash777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Holden Commodore Sv6 Z-Series Ve Li My12 4d s
Hi Everyone,

Just after some HELP if possible? My car was struck by lighting and the ABS module was blown. Now this is where it gets interesting say the least!!! had the car taken to Local Holden and was told they would just need to replace the ABS module and all would be good. Well they have had my car for 7 weeks now as they cant work out how to get rid of the ABS light on the dash. They keep telling me that they keep trying buy eliminating different parts such as relays and modules!!! I have never been so stuffed around in my life and Holden are running me around in circles with this one. My car was due for rego and pink slip when car was taken in for the repairs and now wont clear for rego as they cant seem to work out how to clear the ABS light on the dash. They have told me that the module is working and I have ABS working, its just they cant get this ABS light out. 7 weeks no car for one days work and all they keep telling me is its a process and to be patient!!! I told them from the begging should I put in through insurance but because the cost for the repair was close to my access we just went down the road of no insurance. But after the second week I was saying to go through insurance and they kept giving me the run around when it came to after 4 weeks they tell me to go threw insurance. Go figure!!! mind you they have not called me once in the 7 weeks I have had to do all the calls and even go in to get no answers.. Can anyone HELP with any suggestion???

Cheers,
Ash

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Have they tried a different cluster?

Ash777

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have they tried a different cluster?
Im not to sure if they have changed that part. can you please tell me what the cluster is? and I will make a call and ask! any options or opinions at this stage may help.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i have found that some scan tools clear the code but leave the light on
to fix it, introduce a new fault and then use tech 2 to clear the new fault and reset the light
i would assume holden would have used tech 2
but maybe they replaced the module which has now removed the fault code but left the light on
so might be worth a shot

Ash777

Reaction score
Members Ride
i have found that some scan tools clear the code but leave the light on
to fix it, introduce a new fault and then use tech 2 to clear the new fault and reset the light
i would assume holden would have used tech 2
but maybe they replaced the module which has now removed the fault code but left the light on
so might be worth a shot
Thanks, going into Holden tomorrow and will defiantly talk to them about these options and hopefully they listen and try!!!