Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 VF Commodore handbrake issue!

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 Sportswagon
Hi Guys,

I’m new here, but not sure if anyone has had a similar problem with the VFs electric handbrake.

I just bought a 2013 VF SV6 Sportswagon for work and discovered the other day that the handbrake isn’t working correctly, I’ll explain what’s happening.

If I park on a hill, with the front of the car rolling forward, the handbrake works as it should. But as soon as I park the car on a hill where the back would be rolling, the handbrake doesn’t hold and as it starts to roll back I get the service handbrake warning light.

Obviously I’m happy to take this to Holden to get looked at, but I just find that so strange that it will hold the car rolling forward, but not backwards! Just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem?

Thanks in advance guys

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just needs a service mate.

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay thanks mate

Austin Sultana

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2013, sv6 Ute
Did a service from Holden fix the problem mate ? My 2013 Vf failed rego today with the very same issue

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi mate, I didn’t take it to Holden. I had my mate plug his scan tool in and it has an option to “service/recalibrate electronic park brake” and this fixed it up. I did also check and adjust the handbrake at the rear rotors.

So if you take it to Holden, tell them to do that. Because when I called they had no idea and said they’ll have to check it all out (and probably charge an arm and a leg to do so)

Hope this helps you.

Austin Sultana

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2013, sv6 Ute
Cheers Jason. I’ll tell them to have a go at re calibrating the system and adjust it. It’s booked in for Tuesday. Yeah it’s just one of those things, I’ve been doing all of my own servicing to it but I don’t have access the a scan tool .

Thanks again mate

Jason05

Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries mate. I do all my own servicing too, I’m just lucky my best mate is a mechanic lol. All the best

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
FYI, you don’t need a scan too to adjust/calibrate the EPB, see here.