Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 VF Redline vs 2013 BMW 335i Coupe

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
plenty of plastic in a BMW cabin. Also, meh. All cars are steel chassis with electronics and plastics and little bits of metal/leather clipped onto them. A fool and his money are easily parted by shiny things.

100% agree with that

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Nice comments. If only the rest of Australia felt the same way, then Holden would be around a lot longer and still making cars into the distant future. Good to see the Holden stacked up against German Engineering.

HSV E2 versus M5 V10: what the Germans think...
[video=youtube_share;GkSv5HOjGog]http://youtu.be/GkSv5HOjGog[/video]

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
plenty of plastic in a BMW cabin. Also, meh. All cars are steel chassis with electronics and plastics and little bits of metal/leather clipped onto them. A fool and his money are easily parted by shiny things.
I like my Aussie cars but you cannot compare build quality and quality of components to a Euro car.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I like my Aussie cars but you cannot compare build quality and quality of components to a Euro car.

older euro's are a nightmare, so no you really can't compare them. :)

I understand what you are saying though, but some people (read many motoring journalists) think that "panel fit" and the quality of plastics in the cabin = "quality". It's just not the case.

Sparkly headlamps and cabin ambience aren't quality they are trimming.

Aussies are generally simple, reliable and cheap to repair - that's what I call quality. Some of us just have a different definition.

Oh and many parts from Euro cars make their way in GM and Ford vehicles - like the AWESOME quality of Bosch starters/alternators and the dreaded ABS modules.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The VF will have the same fate as the VE. Mild excitement from fanboys who want something temporarily different, until the market is flooded by them. I give it 3 to 6 months before we're all sick of hearing about the VF's, because it's very much possible to advertise a product TOO much.

VN was also "exciting" when released.....not so much now.

Mik001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I was shopping for a used 335i sedan and couldn't find one in QLD without the ugly walnut timber interior. I finally found one in Victoria and was about to pull the trigger when someone mentioned the new VF.
I had never considered an Aussie car before coming from Audis etc.
After driving the VF I was blown away especially the manual (which I didn't expect) , looking back the BMW was so clinical and rather boring.
And I must say the interior of the Vf is much nicer than than 335i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
BMW has terrible resale, along with most European cars. Everything is an extra on them. Recently tried to trade a 335i M Sport sedan, 2010 one owner with only 30,000kms. Was $110,000 new. Was quoted anywhere between $40-60,000 from a few BMW dealers. He ended up selling it privately for $62,000, but waited for 3 months to get that.

Commodore has better real life resale and at the end of the day you can always sell one if you're desperate to get out of it. This isn't the case with some European cars.

MtnsVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline wagon
And don't forget the service costs. BMW and Mercedes are just painful for standard service costs. Rare to get out of the shop under $'000. All adds to the cost of ownership.
And when considering resale value, use the percentage of new cost not the actual value. I would much rather lose 30k on a 3 year old Commodore ( 50 % of new ) than 55k on a BMW even at same percentage of new.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
peguquqa.jpg

Took this today

Last edited: