Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 WN Caprice Rear Seat Screens (RSE) Issues

blakehowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pack
Hey guys, I have a 2013 WN Caprice V which I have just recently acquired, am having some issues with getting the rear seat screens to display anything.

Previous owner claims he had never used the screens at all.

Have tried researching on my own regarding these RSE units however cannot find anything with the WN, only the WM.

Both screens just show a plain black screen when playing a DVD at the front, have tried following all instructions in the user manual, remote control has no effect on it at all.

I have noticed something that may be useless is under the manual it shows on the MyLink that the screen has a title of 'Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE)', whilst on my system the only screen I can get open that shows a resemblance is labelled 'Rear Aux'.

to anyone who owns a WN Caprice, does your menu item say 'Rear Aux' or 'Rear Seat Entertainment'?

Book:
1.jpg

My System:
2.jpg

Selecting Rear Aux and changing the Display 1 & 2 Source has no effect on the screens.
Also plugging something into the rear RCA input located on the back of the centre console does not show anything on the front or back screen. Just says 'No video detected' on the front screen as shown above.

One thing I have also noted is the Infrared leds do not show at all on either screen (been told should appear on one side) which are supposed to illuminate for communication with the wireless headsets.

Almost seems to me their is no connection whatsoever between the DVD headrest screens and the rear auxiliary to the mylink system at the front.

What I found interesting was plugging a video input directly into the individual headrest screen shows the picture as expected.

Have taken it to a Holden and they at first claimed both screens need replacing for ~$700 each screen (ridiculous), I then told them plugging video directly into the screens video input works OK and they then basically shrugged their shoulders and said they don't know whats wrong with the system nor how to fix it??

Here is my software version information:
3.jpg

Have contacted Holden Head Office regarding the issue and am awaiting response but just thought id post here to see if anyone has had a similar issue or has any suggestions on what may be wrong?

Thanks!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I would start with checking the loom from the screens back to both the rear inputs and the head unit.

blakehowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pack
So does putting in a DVD into the mylink and then selecting CD/DVD work? As in it begins to function on the main mylink screen?
Yep, dvd plays through CD/DVD on the front mylink screen fine.

blakehowe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pack
I would start with checking the loom from the screens back to both the rear inputs and the head unit.
have checked all the plugs and wiring on the rear of the units and the aux and all appear to be ok, thinking I may pull the head unit out and check the connections on the back