Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2014-2017 VF Series 2 SSV Build Numbers Revealed by Holden

camwatto

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV SE Ute/MY14 SSVR Sportwagon
New member here digging up an old thread with some info about my VE and VF.

I emailed Holden asking if they could tell me how many Red Hot MY10 SSV SE (G8) M6 utes were built and they told me they didn't have the records available however they did say they made 188 Heron White Redline Sportwagons in 2014.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-190229_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-190229_Gmail.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 101

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
New member here digging up an old thread with some info about my VE and VF.

I emailed Holden asking if they could tell me how many Red Hot MY10 SSV SE (G8) M6 utes were built and they told me they didn't have the records available however they did say they made 188 Heron White Redline Sportwagons in 2014.

GM wiping their records.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
GM wiping their records.
Why would they be wiping their records? The last of the VE's are 8 years old. I don't think any company needs to keep records longer than 7 years although I know GM held records for more than 25 years. I guess the record keeping gets purged every few years to make space for new production quantities. Remember Holden did use the GM based system for vehicle build info including BOM ordering through suppliers.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Why would they be wiping their records? The last of the VE's are 8 years old. I don't think any company needs to keep records longer than 7 years although I know GM held records for more than 25 years. I guess the record keeping gets purged every few years to make space for new production quantities. Remember Holden did use the GM based system for vehicle build info including BOM ordering through suppliers.

Keeping records for big intuitions like banks and companies in general used to be a pain and a huge expense so back in the day of paper records it was necessary to control the record keeping by destroying them after seven years though some places would keep until ten.

Today with modern digital storage devices is shouldn't be so necessary.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Keeping records for big intuitions like banks and companies in general used to be a pain and a huge expense so back in the day of paper records it was necessary to control the record keeping by destroying them after seven years though some places would keep until ten.

Today with modern digital storage devices is shouldn't be so necessary.

Agreed, its the same for any large institution. Having to keep records "forever" is unmanageable, even electronically, and a PITA for auditing purposes. 5-10 years is very common for operational data as any issue will have been raised in that time period. HR and financial are a bit different.

On topic, when I got mine I check with HSV via Facebook. One of 69 :cool: Nice. This was auto and manual so my actual spec will be about 40% of that.

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
My motorsport edition is one of 127* vehicles factory delivered in 2017 with a scratch on the dash trim piece :rolleyes::p

Seriously, why the interest in such stats? Who cares how many baby poo brown cars were build :oops:

It’s probably unpopular to say, but all these stats are just a way to make something that is common sound rarer than they actually are :eek:

Why not just enjoy what you have; drive the car, or pamper it in your garage, whatever floats your boat. Does it really matter so much what others own or what a vehicles perceived rarity is?

In 20 years time, you may not be even allowed to drive such polluting beasts on public roads and as such their price will plummet. Guess what I’m trying to say is that the future value is much more than perceived rarity behind knowing such stats :rolleyes: If indeed it some subliminal link to future value which drives such interest in these stats :oops:

( but it’s interesting to see such stats simply from a curiosity perspective )

( now ducks and runs out :p:p:p )

* a completely fictitious number meant add satire :p

i personally would like to know how many
Light my fire SSV Redlines were made in in October 2017. It was last month of production.
I would get a real happy feeing knowing it was one of the last in my chosen color.
I have only ever purchased one new vehicle in my life and after a medical scare purchased my pride and joy that afternoon
I love it
Just my thoughts on your post

I suppose my succinct answer could have been
“I care”

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Light my fire SSV Redlines were made in in October 2017. It was last month of production.
I would get a real happy feeing knowing it was one of the last in my chosen color.
I have only ever purchased one new vehicle in my life and after a medical scare purchased my pride and joy that afternoon
I love it

“I care”
Great story mate.
Yep you only live once.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I love it

“I care”
Sometimes impulse buys are the best buys and curiosity in knowing build stats is fair enough. I do like “light my fire orange”, sizzle and chlorophyll. But I did say

“Why not just enjoy what you have; drive the car, or pamper it in your garage, whatever floats your boat. Does it really matter so much what others own or what a vehicles perceived rarity is?”

and

“but it’s interesting to see such stats simply from a curiosity perspective”

Curiosity I can understand but it’s that idea in claiming some inflayed rarity exists via a logic that because the car was x/y in a particular colour, z/x with an specific option, etc, etc it becomes a case that of say 200,000 vehicles of that model build, the odd combination of paint, engine, gearbox, interiour colour, go fast strips, and other options makes it 1 of 100 built… out of the 200,000 made in that model variant… :rolleyes:

I first heard of such counting method, to inflate rarity, coming from the US market. Some may think such counting methods are ok but for me, in my view, it’s just a sales pitch and a bit on the nose. Others are free to think differently :cool:

As a disclaimer, in my case, my purchase was an LE motorsport edition sedan which was 1 of 38 autos in Nitrite (22 manuals in Nitrite)… out of the 1200 motorsport editions sedans made… Does it matter… I probably won’t be around in a few decades when such trivia may sway someone to pay a premium…