Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2014 Calais V brake enhancements and sway bars

Justin Thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0
Actually sold the car last Friday but what a beautiful car to drive. It had an open 2.92ratio factory and I fitted a diff with 3.27 and had speedo calibrated it gave it .5 sec better quarter mile time, was faster straight away with far better pull down low. And was nice at 100 kph with good low revs still. I highly recommend this diff change as a mechanic by trade the 2.92 ratio is better suited for 140 kph cruising . The 3.27 was far nicer. It was hard to sell but I had loads of fun and have bought a new High spec car to replace my calais. If you want a better car than this calais expect to spend lots of money. The VF Calais V is a brilliant car especially in 6L and mods make it fast too. I jad this car for two years and went from a flat 14.00sec on old tyres to 12.7 on factory size New good years. It was a sub 5sec 0-100 kph car when it got traction. I also fitted the harrop trutrac lsd. It just meant the lsd won't fail like the original clutch operated one.

Lewy_88

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF CalaisV 6.0L Wagon
Actually sold the car last Friday but what a beautiful car to drive. It had an open 2.92ratio factory and I fitted a diff with 3.27 and had speedo calibrated it gave it .5 sec better quarter mile time, was faster straight away with far better pull down low. And was nice at 100 kph with good low revs still. I highly recommend this diff change as a mechanic by trade the 2.92 ratio is better suited for 140 kph cruising . The 3.27 was far nicer. It was hard to sell but I had loads of fun and have bought a new High spec car to replace my calais. If you want a better car than this calais expect to spend lots of money. The VF Calais V is a brilliant car especially in 6L and mods make it fast too. I jad this car for two years and went from a flat 14.00sec on old tyres to 12.7 on factory size New good years. It was a sub 5sec 0-100 kph car when it got traction. I also fitted the harrop trutrac lsd. It just meant the lsd won't fail like the original clutch operated one.

Thanks for the reply. That's great info! I have noticed the car seems geared really high. Being my first v8 I just assumed it was normal. I totally get what you are saying and agree.

Justin Thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0
All good, I have a feeling the VF series 2 might have the 3.27 diff ratio anyway according to neighbor with one. Mine was 2014 with 2.92 with non lsd. I fitted the replacement 3.27 with 15,000km and it lasted 6mths moderate use a few drag runs etc, with near 300rwkw so fitted the harrop center when slipping started that was great.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
My 2013 Calais V V6 which is standard the front sway bar is 28mm in thickness. Is this an inferior sway bar to what you have installed.

Justin Thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0
My 2013 Calais V V6 which is standard the front sway bar is 28mm in thickness. Is this an inferior sway bar to what you have installed.
I can't recall what dia my bar was from whiteline swaybars but it had adjustable ends and I eventually tuned it to softest setting and that would have reduced body roll by at least 60% including the rear whiteline bar also set to soft. The holden rear swaybar was so thin in was a surprise to see. You tube has ve swaybar install videos that are far less work. I made an average vf v8 you tube front swaybar install video as it goes in better from one side rather than the other side.