Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2014 VF SS Aircon failure

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Last edited:

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
I always leave the "climate control" on Auto, so guess the air con is "on" automatically when temperature exceeds the set number.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
My early build July 2013 series 1 VF had a A/C pipe replaced under warranty and was told that it was a known fault. The systems were even at 17c the temp of the air was warm so no gas. So I suspect your car may have the same issue and a regas will just leak out and eventually fail again.

In regard A/C drain seal which in all VF up to recently have been foam based and are known
to fail and thus cause a leak onto the floor which can also be caused by a blockage of the drainage pipe. I note that on my Sept 2017 build MSE there is a service bulletin to replace the foam A/C drain seal with a rubber based unit. It will be replaced when they replace the rocker arms.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Not if the car is out of warranty (sounds like the OP's car is).

OP, if you're ever out west of Bris and it's faulted again hit me up, can give you a second opinion if you can't get any joy out of where you are.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
MY13 VF SS 120000km's hose leak also. Easily spotted. Auto electrician fixed it for around $400. I reckon it doesn't get quite as cold on low, but achieves temp when set. Could the compressor have taken a hit while running with low/no gas? Also, anyone know what gas type that should have been used?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Also, anyone know what gas type that should have been used?

There should be a decal near the top of the radiator support panel with the gas type on it.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
R134A