Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2014 VF SS Aircon failure

Janelle VF SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Commodore
Has anyone experienced issues with their aircon? We had issues in the first 2 weeks of a leak and this was replaced along with the carpet on the front...but today we just spent $420 on having our aircon fixed as it needed a regass and a hose replaced. It started blowing hot air about a week ago. A lot to fork out for a car that’s 3 years old. Maybe this is normal? Also....our power steering just dropped out last week (while driving) and was quite scarey. Pulled over and turned car off and waited for my hubby and when we turned car on it kicked in again. Dealer said they can’t see any faults with it?? And advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Has anyone experienced issues with their aircon? We had issues in the first 2 weeks of a leak and this was replaced along with the carpet on the front...but today we just spent $420 on having our aircon fixed as it needed a regass and a hose replaced. It started blowing hot air about a week ago. A lot to fork out for a car that’s 3 years old. Maybe this is normal? Also....our power steering just dropped out last week (while driving) and was quite scarey. Pulled over and turned car off and waited for my hubby and when we turned car on it kicked in again. Dealer said they can’t see any faults with it?? And advice would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Holden are feeding you BS in regards to the power steering fault. It's a well documented fault that requires the steering rack to be replaced. There's a few threads about this already with a number of people with the same fault having had the rack replaced for free. Even cars out of warranty.
It is likely to happen again and could be dangerous when it happens. Get back onto Holden and harrass them untill they fix it.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Yes we run it quite frequently.

If that's the case the I agree with you, it's a lot to fork out for a 3 year old car as you should expect a much longer life out of the hoses if the air con is being regularly used.

Others who own VF1's may be able to chime in but my tired old brain seems to recall there was some problem with the air blowing hot on the first VF's?

The dealer may have stung you on the air like they're trying to do with the power steering.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
If that's the case the I agree with you, it's a lot to fork out for a 3 year old car as you should expect a much longer life out of the hoses if the air con is being regularly used.

Others who own VF1's may be able to chime in but my tired old brain seems to recall there was some problem with the air blowing hot on the first VF's?

The dealer may have stung you on the air like they're trying to do with the power steering.

Good lateral thinking Panhead. Yes, that's correct. A software update was meant to correct it. Mine has always been fine.
Janelle - If it was leaking gas was there any visual signs of it, or smell?
I'd e more concerned about getting that steerng rack replaced! Pablito is right. It's a known safety issue and the dealer must take it seriously. If you do no good, get straight onto Holden Customer Care.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The ac drain seals are foam and tend to leak so they have released a campaign to change them all to rubber seals now.

The crimp on the ac hose between the compressor and condensor is prone to leak. Has been an issue since VE. Not all do it, unsure of cause.

Loss of power steering should be automatic rack replacement.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The ac drain seals are foam and tend to leak so they have released a campaign to change them all to rubber seals now.

The crimp on the ac hose between the compressor and condensor is prone to leak. Has been an issue since VE. Not all do it, unsure of cause.

I can confirm the ac drain seal thing. The dealer changed it on my car last time i took it in for something else

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Good info on the aircon.

Is that also a warranty fix?