Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2014 VF SV6 Sportwagon (Auto)

hlucin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
11012524_10152642998497100_4096641812861698790_n.jpg

K&N filter in factory air box. otherwise stock.

40hp gain from tune only
More power than ma VZ LS1 had stock.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
That's a great result. Does it feel much better than stock? Also did they tune the gearbox and if so what are your thoughts on that?

hlucin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
It does! much better. the torque is lower in the rev range which makes the biggest difference. but also reducing the torque management in the engine means the throttle opens faster. It used to be fully open at 3000rpm now its at 2450 which makes a huge difference. 0.5s off the 0-100km dash.

The gearbox is much more responsive and the shifts are faster. but if driving it like a nanna it shifts like its stock. its only when you put your foot in that you feel the difference. which is exactly what i wanted.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
The car drives better! Hell yes!!

But if you want an accurate figure of power, I'd take it back to the dyno.

Correction SAE J607 is an older standard which did not attempt to include any of the engine's internal friction losses. Consequently, J607 gives higher values, which fail to include the friction losses. SAE J1349 is a newer standard which does specify various ways to include the engine's internal losses, and therefore presents a more accurate indication of engine power.

hlucin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Not entirely sure what that means haha. But it was the same before and after so I know it was a 40 rwhp gain

Metalhed666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
How much did the tune set you back and where did you get it done? I want to improve the low down torque delivery of my V6.
Cheers.