Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 holden cruze coolant issue

Aussie Brett

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden cruze 18
Sorry if this is in wrong forum. I have a 2015 holden cruze 1.8 which had service 3 months ago with no issues found. I recently found internal heater not getting warming up (just cold air) and problem was absolutely no coolant. I filled it and today after driving to work I found it empty again with no visible leaks. Car heating indicator remains standard heat. Would there be any major issues it is empty again or was it just so empty, it needs some more coolant? Clearly I'm not a mechanic.

Looking under car I now see what looks to be an oil leak coming from engine but there is no oil on garage floor. Would these two issues be connected? See photo

Thanks people.

Attachments

• 20210621_170016.jpg
    20210621_170016.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 149

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Separate problems I should think.
Oil leak needs to be found where it’s coming from and fixed as it will only get worse and low or no oil is engine disaster.
Coolant must be going somewhere.
Is it going out of the tail pipe.
Again needs repair promptly as no or low coolant will overheat the engine and you may lose it.

Aussie Brett

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden cruze 18
Separate problems I should think.
Oil leak needs to be found where it’s coming from and fixed as it will only get worse and low or no oil is engine disaster.
Coolant must be going somewhere.
Is it going out of the tail pipe.
Again needs repair promptly as no or low coolant will overheat the engine and you may lose it.
Thanks, did check oil yesterday and levels were normal and no liquid coming out tail pipe

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Get someone to pressure check the coolant system, it has to be going somewhere.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The system might have heaps of air. When you fill it, it will be full but as the system runs, air is purged and the volume displaced. The level in the system drops and runs poorly.

Get the system vacuum filled which would also pressure test it as well. (Well do the same, as in vacuum test, which will reveal if there are leaks) vacuum filling is really fast and removes all air.

I did a thread in the How To section on bleeding coolant systems in VZ-VF and yours can have similar methods used to solve your problem.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Leak looks like it's the trans cooler fitting, so you should check your trans fluid too.

Would start by replacing the radiator cap first as the rubber on it may have expanded and is allowing coolant to go to the overflow tank but not letting it back into the system. Cheap and easy first step to do.