Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 sv6 possible front knocking noise over bumps

Sizzledred

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
New to forum everyone sorry if been posted before did look through forum though.
I have a 2015 vf sv6 auto with 195000km

Possible front/rear or both (suspension or driveline) knocking noise over bumps mainly at speeds over 40/50kmph,

I did notice the spare wheel and tool holder where loose so secured and tightened them which has stopped some noise but still a annoying knocking/thud when travelling over bumps.
Going from drive to reverse is fine with no noise, and taking off from stand still is fine as well with no noise.
I need to get car on hoist to check everything but just wondering if anyone has had this issue and what fixed it. Thanks

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
At that mileage I'd suspect worn top mounts on the McPherson struts, or possibly worn bushes in other parts of the front suspension. Other possibilities are loose exhaust mounts or knocking/rattling door strikers. Try wrapping electrical tape around the cylindrical part of the striker plates that are on the body pillars. Also check for a loose battery and other unsecured items tucked away in the boot area. Good luck!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
At those ks it's a great time to replace all the shocks (struts) plus the strut tops and sway bar bushes. The engine mounts are probably on the way out too. All those things will be contributing to the noise and it will ride like new again after you replace them.