Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 VF SS-V Redline Sportwagon - Wheel size query

wagon37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline Wagon, VZ Executive Wagon
I have a 2015 VF SS-V Redline sportwagon with the standard 19" wheels as pictured:
RH9kpTtmQTyuE4UpYnCY

I want to get new wheels but am confused about the sizing. Are these standard rims 19x8.5 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear? or 19x8.5 all round?

I have been told it's illegal to run 9.5 on the back as you need to stagger them?

I want to fit 19x8.5 all round but not sure if that will work?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I have a 2015 VF SS-V Redline sportwagon with the standard 19" wheels as pictured:
RH9kpTtmQTyuE4UpYnCY

I want to get new wheels but am confused about the sizing. Are these standard rims 19x8.5 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear? or 19x8.5 all round?

I have been told it's illegal to run 9.5 on the back as you need to stagger them?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
Correct they are staggered stock rims. Same as most GENF HSV being 8.5inch fronts and 9.5inch rears.

It is not illegal as that is what came as standard. Legally I think it is Ok to run any width, diameter, offset that was an option at manufacture.

Can anyone comment on if with a stock SS or sv6 were staggered HF20 an option?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Correct they are staggered stock rims. Same as most GENF HSV being 8.5inch fronts and 9.5inch rears.

It is not illegal as that is what came as standard. Legally I think it is Ok to run any width, diameter, offset that was an option at manufacture.

Can anyone comment on if with a stock SS or sv6 were staggered HF20 an option?

HF20s are not staggered...
They are 8.5" wide front and rear

In your case 8.5" all around is perfectly fine as it was an option from Holden

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Indeed, not all HF20 fitments are staggered - but some were.
You could get a set of 4 at the same 8.5” width all-round, and you could also get a set at 8.5” front & 9.5” rear.
If you chose the factory-fitted HF20 option for a 2016 or 2017 Redline, those are staggered.

But yes, in NSW you can go up to 1” wider than the widest factory-fitted wheels to your model of car. As long as they don’t rub or extend past the wheel-arch, of course. Fortunately for us, the HSV cars are considered “the same”, so you can go 1” wider than the widest that HSV fitted (QLD is the same these days, I thought Victoria was the same but not entirely sure).

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I think your that your rears fitted currently are 19x9. HSV went to 9.5.
Edit - brain glitch 19x9

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
HF20s are not staggered...
They are 8.5" wide front and rear

In your case 8.5" all around is perfectly fine as it was an option from Holden
OP has SSVR 19 stock staggered.

Hf20 can either get staggered or not in gloss black or not staggered in any other finish

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
RH9kpTtmQTyuE4UpYnCY

Any help appreciated.
Cheers.

Holden Factory VF Redline 19" staggered rims are 8.5" wide on the front and 9" wide on the rears.

HSV use 9.5" wide rims on the rears.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Holden Factory VF Redline 19" staggered rims are 8.5" wide on the front and 9" wide on the rears.

HSV use 9.5" wide rims on the rears.
except HSV GENF2 with the widepack wheels (SV forged Rimfires) or GTSR which use 9"front, 10"rear