Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 VF ssv excessive tyre wear on inside diameter

holdenlover94

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Vs ute
G’day
I’ve got a 2015 ssv, lowered on 20’s and I’m having issues with excessive tyre wear on the inside diameters on all fours. Is this strut issues with lowered springs? The car is noticeably driving like an absolute pig, all over the road when hitting small bumps on fwy etc, any suggestions on where to start and how to strengthen it to ensure stable, smooth ride.
Cheers for your time

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It's 2 seperate issues...First the ride....That would be caused by it being lowered too far...Raise it and you'll find it'll drive nicer....2ndly, the tyre wear issues...I would suspect the camber on all 4 corners will be too negative for your style of driving...It will require an alignment to correct it...The trick with the alignment is finding someone that understands how to set a car up to prevent the tyre wear issues, rather than reading a screen that says green is good for the settings and red is bad....

Oh and as for settings...Everyone drives differently on different road surfaces, so one persons settings may not work on your car...So it is a case of finding the right person to do your alignment to prevent the wear problems

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Did you get an alignment after you lowered it? If not, go get one.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
How low is the car and what suspension do you have? How many k's are on the struts?

Gonna state the obvious too, 20's are not a wheel you use for comfort.