Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 VF SV6 LACK OF POWER (FLAT SPOT)

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Did you notice this issue when you test drove it?

Go to the dealer you bought it from and ask to drive one of their demo SV6's. the evoke you drove as a loaner has a different engine so it's apples and oranges.

If the demo feels ok, ask the service manager to drive yours and the demo one after the other. If it feels as bad as you describe stay on them to do something about it. It's still under new car warranty, so personally I'd be pushing for Holden to fix it before getting a third party mechanic involved.

Sounds good in theory, just feel like id be pestering them especially after they already told me that it is what it is, but to be honest i'm pissed. As for their demos they would probably be 2016-2017 is that a good comparison? I presume they are the same motor and trans and yes the car is under new car warranty till feb 2018. I also don't feel like i should be spending a cent on it and they should resolve it. I might brave it out and give them another try, might talk to the salesman that sold it to me, he seemed like a top bloke.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
What about sports mode? I assume similar in the VF to a VE - in the VE just knock the gear lever over to the left and it shifts more responsively. Strange that an Evoke would have better response than an SV6. Always thought my SV6 ran fine on 91. I would put premium in when towing (for the benefit of the doubt), but otherwise I ran 91 most of the time (I had the SV6 for 3.5 years with no problems). I think they go quite well. Always thought the auto in my SV6 wasn't as smooth as it could be. When I traded the SV6 on SS of the same age I thought the SS had smoother changes.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Sounds good in theory, just feel like id be pestering them especially after they already told me that it is what it is, but to be honest i'm pissed. As for their demos they would probably be 2016-2017 is that a good comparison? I presume they are the same motor and trans and yes the car is under new car warranty till feb 2018. I also don't feel like i should be spending a cent on it and they should resolve it. I might brave it out and give them another try, might talk to the salesman that sold it to me, he seemed like a top bloke.

Mate if there's an issue with the car pump up and stand your ground politely but firmly. Who cares if they think you're 'pestering' them??

You paid good money for the car and they have a statutory responsibility to honour the warranty IF there is an issue with the car.

If you really don't want to go back there, then any Holden dealer can do warranty work. The only thing I'd be getting done through a third party is an examination and a possible diagnosis for you to take to Holden as a bit of ammo. The minute they start doing work, Holden might point the blame at them.

And whatever you do, don't talk to your salesman, why do you think he seemed like such a good bloke at the time? Now he has your money he won't want to know you.

If this was my car, I'd be back there every day until it was fixed. Don't let them fob you off

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
If you remove the -ve from the battery for awhile it might reset the learning table of the tranny.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
What about sports mode? I assume similar in the VF to a VE - in the VE just knock the gear lever over to the left and it shifts more responsively. Strange that an Evoke would have better response than an SV6. Always thought my SV6 ran fine on 91. I would put premium in when towing (for the benefit of the doubt), but otherwise I ran 91 most of the time (I had the SV6 for 3.5 years with no problems). I think they go quite well. Always thought the auto in my SV6 wasn't as smooth as it could be. When I traded the SV6 on SS of the same age I thought the SS had smoother changes.

The auto seems to change smooth without doubt, it just seems when im driving along say 60k but then decide to overtake for example when i apply the go pedal it seems to respond a few seconds later it just seems to lag out like a flat spot but when i apply my foot further down it then kicks back and goes but then i feel like im giving it more then i should be especially if all i want is just a slight increase of acceleration. I feel like i have to race around for it to drive like it should, almost like the revs are lower then should be if that makes sense. I have tried sports mode, but it doesnt seem to make much difference, it shifts through the gears quicker but still not as responsive in acceleration as i feel it should be. I have test driven other SV6 from other yards and they didnt have this issue, not sure how i didnt notice this before purchasing it (wife loved the color), lol...

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Mate if there's an issue with the car pump up and stand your ground politely but firmly. Who cares if they think you're 'pestering' them??

You paid good money for the car and they have a statutory responsibility to honour the warranty IF there is an issue with the car.

If you really don't want to go back there, then any Holden dealer can do warranty work. The only thing I'd be getting done through a third party is an examination and a possible diagnosis for you to take to Holden as a bit of ammo. The minute they start doing work, Holden might point the blame at them.

And whatever you do, don't talk to your salesman, why do you think he seemed like such a good bloke at the time? Now he has your money he won't want to know you.

If this was my car, I'd be back there every day until it was fixed. Don't let them fob you off

Sounds like a plan my friend, thanks for the advice

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That sounds familiar and is a lot like my 9 year old VE. These are built for mum dad and grandpa to drive around the burbs and get good economy, yes even the SV6 models.
If it's got the balls when you give it right foot and better response in sports mode then it sounds like the mechanics of the car are ok and you are just expecting more than what you actually got.
On my VE I I find it goes better if you ease into the loud pedal rather than stomp on it so there is not such a lag while it drops 2 or three gears all at once.
A proper engine and Trans service with quality synthetic fluids should help a bit too it's likely to have the cheapest stuff whoever could find that meets the spec in it currently.
My box came to life when I put synthetic fluid in it and it was about 180000 Ks old at the time...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
. why put 95 in it though, ive always used 98 find it gives better response[/QUOTE]

95 cos unless it's tunes for 98 you probably won't notice a difference for the extra $$.
Try 91,95,and 98 and see what goes best. I mostly use 95 that's all;)