Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2015 VF SV6 starting issues

blakssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS-V
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, or able to provide suggestions before I see my mechanic.

A bit of background info on the car issues I've had, maybe linked?;
so I fueled up and turns out the fuel i fueled with was foul, the car went into limp mode had it towed to a garage, i had fuel tank drained, new fuel pump, new filters, new spark plugs, injectors cleaned and flow tested.. after all that it kept throwing up the cat converter sensor code, so I changed out the sensors, turned out to be the cat converter had started to collapse and give poor fuel readings.. once all fixed car ran as normal.. tho i thought the rpm went up and down more than I would have thought at idle rather then sitting real stable n still.. and now the starting issue..

car starts from time to time no issues, then on a odd occurrence my car struggles to start, trying to crank over continuously then eventually starts. i have recently had a new battery fitted and alternator checked, thinking that was the issue, as it was the battery since new, but still struggles to start on the odd occasion.

sometimes it starts then stops as if it stalls? (car is auto)

my thoughts (not a mechanic, just seems logical)
- coil packs replacing ; not igniting the way they should? - process of elimination
- spark plugs replacing - tho they are clean, process of elimination.
- starter motor/solenoid

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Brett

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, or able to provide suggestions before I see my mechanic.

A bit of background info on the car issues I've had, maybe linked?;
so I fueled up and turns out the fuel i fueled with was foul, the car went into limp mode had it towed to a garage, i had fuel tank drained, new fuel pump, new filters, new spark plugs.. after all that it kept throwing up the cat converter sensor code, so I changed out the sensors, turned out to be the cat converter had started to collapse and give poor fuel readings.. once all fixed car ran as normal.. tho i thought the rpm went up and down more than I would have thought at idle rather then sitting real stable n still.. and now the starting issue..

car starts from time to time no issues, then on a odd occurrence my car struggles to start, trying to crank over continuously then eventually starts. i have recently had a new battery fitted and alternator checked, thinking that was the issue, as it was the battery since new, but still struggles to start on the odd occasion.

sometimes it starts then stops as if it stalls? (car is auto)

my thoughts (not a mechanic, just seems logical)
- coil packs replacing ; not igniting the way they should? - process of elimination
- spark plugs replacing - tho they are clean, process of elimination.
- starter motor/solenoid

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Brett
Get it scanned.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Try replacing the ' fuel evap purge solenoid' remember someone else having the issue

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Fuel contamination is covered by some car insurance policies... If your policy covers such I’d have taken it to a Holden dealer and then discusses the repair with the insurance assessor... I’d have wanted them to replace everything the foul fuel could have damaged as many have a life time accident repair warranty... Things like fuel pump, fuel filter, e85 sensor, fuel lines, injectors, spark plugs, catalytic converters, o2 sensors and evap purge solenoid and lines can all be damaged...

If your insurance policy covers such damage, if you haven’t discussed it with them, do so now...

blakssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS-V
the petrol station that i had received the contaminated fuel from has covered all the costs, that was 2-3 months ago $3000 total in repairs, I've had all you listed done except e85 sensor, fuel lines changed out and the purge sensor, I've ordered a purge sensor, and may order a e85 sensor if the purge sensor doesn't do anything.

I dont think my raa policy covers the event of contaminated fuel.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Try replacing the ' fuel evap purge solenoid' remember someone else having the issue
Yep that was me, had heaps of trouble and took Holden nearly a year to diagnose. Was a $100 part by memory.

If you take it off and you can blow through it, then it's faulty as you shouldn't be able to blow through either end with no power