Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 GEN-F Clubsport random "Service Vehicle Soon"

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
i would wait for the message to pop back up and then do another scan before replacing stuff, it might not come back up.
Yes I’d also wait for the DTC to come back and then follow Holden’s diagnostics process. After all the DTC itself is really a pointer where to start looking and not an indication of what to replace.

And when one gets lots of DTC’s, one needs to consider what is common between the involved circuits and functions, then check those points of commonality.

It’s like having a stuffed battery which will cause lots of voltage related errors or module start problems. In such cases replacing modules won’t fix a sulfated battery but can be a rather profitable method to follow for some less than stellar workshop :rolleyes:

Cohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 Clubsport
The P0102 Mass airflow (MAF) sensor circuit low frequency fault code lives.
Time to begin the elimination process.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
P0102 page 1.jpg
P0102 page 2.jpg
P0102 page 3.jpg
P0102 page 4.jpg
P0102 page 5.jpg

PS: I wish those hyperlinks within the VF service manual PDF actually worked.

Last edited:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Out of curiosity, is the VFs the same as earlier with regards to SVS (Service vehicle soon) codes?
MAF code would be emissions related, thus should bring up a different error.
By different i mean the DTC is readable by a normal code reading device (ie OBD2)
Only say this as Ive been chasing a similar random SVS (albeit in a VZ) that because its not emissions related needs a Tech2 (although its a different device for a VF). A normal scan tool wouldnt read it.

And with the MAF code you have.
The car hasnt been Tuned at all?

Cohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 Clubsport
Out of curiosity, is the VFs the same as earlier with regards to SVS (Service vehicle soon) codes?
MAF code would be emissions related, thus should bring up a different error.
By different i mean the DTC is readable by a normal code reading device (ie OBD2)
Only say this as Ive been chasing a similar random SVS (albeit in a VZ) that because its not emissions related needs a Tech2 (although its a different device for a VF). A normal scan tool wouldnt read it.

And with the MAF code you have.
The car hasnt been Tuned at all?

The car has been tuned; just the standard full exhaust, VCM OTR and tune done to the vehicle.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Did they tune it as Mafless?
May explain the MAF Code as it will come up on a scan as it shows an error but in the background the reporting for it to bring up a DTC code will be turned off.
ie, it will only show up when you scan, but wont bring up the fault (Its pretty common)

SVS codes would normally be non emissions stuff, like oil pressure sensors and so forth.

Cohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 Clubsport
Did they tune it as Mafless?
May explain the MAF Code as it will come up on a scan as it shows an error but in the background the reporting for it to bring up a DTC code will be turned off.
ie, it will only show up when you scan, but wont bring up the fault (Its pretty common)

SVS codes would normally be non emissions stuff, like oil pressure sensors and so forth.
Good question, I cannot remember going into it with the tuner if I'm honest, a couple of years ago now. It was just a 'custom tune' I want to say it was MAF tuned as that's what I usually go for, that's what I had in my VE SSV anyways.

However, I can make contact with the tuner and confirm.

What your saying with the SVS codes totally makes sense but.

EDIT: Quote from another post on the forum.
“If it is mafless tuned, then the P0102 code HAS to be present and set otherwise the PCM won't go into Speed Density (SD) and use the VE table the way it should. However, the tuner should have turned the CEL illumination trigger for that code off so that the CEL shouldn't come on.”

Sums up what you’ve said Drawnnite, I’d assume mine is mafless based on the above. Hence my P0102

Last edited: