Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZeroLachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN/VF Caprice V, Series 2, 6.2l
Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help. I want to put 20inch wheels on my 2016 WN series 2 Caprice. The problem is that I can't get tyres with the required load rating until I hit 265/xxR/20 which is too wide for the front.

Turns out the HSV version, the Grange has gotten away with a lower tyre load rating by having a lower breaked towing rating.

Qld transport has put me onto a gentleman who can do up the paperwork to re-rate my Caprice's GVM to that of the Grange.

If anyone would be willing to send me a photo of their 2016 Grange's Build plate, compliance plate and tyre placard they are the last pice of the puzzle that I need to get the mod plate.

Thanks!

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
If you don't get a response here, maybe try hsvforum.com.au as there maybe a few owners on there.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should easly fit 275 on the front i would have thought, unless your wheels have an odd offset

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I had a similar problem when I put staggered 20" on mine I couldn't find a set that had the right load ratings , I ended up with 255/35/20 Haida for the front and 275/35/20 Winrun for the rear , cheap tyres but I haven't had an issue with them and correct speed and load ratings .

EDIT : I couldn't find the Haida when I needed a tyre for my spare so I ended up with Powertrac

Last edited:

ZeroLachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN/VF Caprice V, Series 2, 6.2l
should easly fit 275 on the front i would have thought, unless your wheels have an odd offset
From all the research I have done I would have to go from a 245/40/19 tyre to a 265/35/20.
Apparently with the extra width and overall diameter it would foul is situations like turning into an uphill driveway.

Wheels I am planning on are Koya SF04 20x9 with 35 offset for the front and 20x10 with 42 offset for the rear.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Just buy a Grange tyre placard?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hi everyone,

I need a bit of help. I want to put 20inch wheels on my 2016 WN series 2 Caprice. The problem is that I can't get tyres with the required load rating until I hit 265/xxR/20 which is too wide for the front.

Turns out the HSV version, the Grange has gotten away with a lower tyre load rating by having a lower breaked towing rating.

Qld transport has put me onto a gentleman who can do up the paperwork to re-rate my Caprice's GVM to that of the Grange.

If anyone would be willing to send me a photo of their 2016 Grange's Build plate, compliance plate and tyre placard they are the last pice of the puzzle that I need to get the mod plate.

Thanks!

What is the load rating, front and rear?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I only looked at one tyre manufacture and found this, the other brands may have similar sizes.

Bridgestone Potenza S007A

245/40R20 99Y overall diameter 704mm

285/35R20 101Y overall diameter 708mm

The tyre diameter was calculated using Tempe Tyre's Tyre Calculator.

How does the overall diameter compare to your existing setup?

Last edited: