Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 SSV REDLINE VF - Price to sell

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Spent a few days over on Kangaroo Island last month. Group of 10 of us, and my VF SV6 was one of 2 cars we had, so driving all over the island with a full car load of 5 people. Over 100km on dirt roads, including some it had no business being on and it didn't skip a beat.

The looks of disbelief from the 3 blokes in their jacked up Hilux's and LandCruisers's dripping with more ARB gear than my car was worth, as I pulled up to Stokes Bay from the off-road tracks made it all worth while :)
Yeah I once tow-bar pulled a bloke in a Suzuki Sierra out of the spot he'd got himself bogged ... in my bog-standard (well maybe "standard except for the bog"?) 1980 Corolla wagon. :)

Having been to Kangaroo Island all of one time, in an AWD bus, you'd have to be pretty careful in nearly 2T worth of standard ride-height VF wouldn't you? My recollection was a LOT of quite soft sand, and also lots of deep ruts where you'd need some ride-height for the middle of the track to clear the diff ... ?.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I had a laugh at a bloke with a tricked out Hilux at Bunnings. He was towing a trailer to carry half as much gear as I could fit in my VF SV6 "proper" ute. Those crew cab utes aren't a ute's bootlace unless you're taking 3 mates bush bashing with your esky!
And pity for the 2 mates that have to occupy the 'back seat'...

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Having been to Kangaroo Island all of one time, in an AWD bus, you'd have to be pretty careful in nearly 2T worth of standard ride-height VF wouldn't you? My recollection was a LOT of quite soft sand, and also lots of deep ruts where you'd need some ride-height for the middle of the track to clear the diff ... ?.

Dirt roads themselves didnt present major issues, no loose dirt thankfully. But, a number of pot holes and deep ruts you needed to be awake for. Certainly was watching the road like a hawk! Frankly, I was very impressed given how the car was full. I think the thing more so was they thought they where bad ass going over the road in their rigs

Every time I see one of the dual cabs jacked up with all the ARB kit, recovery ramps, shade covers and stupidly big Mickey Thompsons, all that pops in to my mind is Clarkson, Hammond and May from the start of the Top Gear Botswana Special.

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 9.37.32 pm.png

"The people of Surrey think they need 4 wheel drive cars because they live up a drive way which sometimes has leaves on it" :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The people of Surrey think they need 4 wheel drive cars because they live up a drive way which sometimes has leaves on it" :p
That’s a gem of a comment :p

Reactions: Lex