Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 SSV REDLINE VF - Price to sell

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Unless you got a fuel card from work.
Or your rocking LPG. I’m only spending a bit over $40 a week to travel 250kms with LPG at $1.11 per litre. If I was on petrol it would be about $70 a week at $2.20 per litre.

Another unappreciated benefit of LPG is price stability. Theres no fuel cycle for LPG so the price is the same every week basically. It did progressively go up over the last couple of years from $0.85 per litre when I bought the SSV to $1.11 per litre but that’s still less then the variation they hit you up with on petrol every week/month!

Reactions: Lex

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Meh, I've been daily driving V8s since 92.

No plans on changing anytime soon.
My better-half is dailying our VF1.

Helps that it only gets filled-up once a month or so. :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The oil companies love you. BP loves you. The environment also loves you for it

Using ~40 litre p/w, I'm hardly the bad guy.

Particulate belching diesels on the other hand.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Particulate belching diesels on the other hand.
Woohoo!
V8 diesel Landbruisers represent!
Styled for the target-market to have the aerodynamics of a brick wall in order to burn more fuel - check!
V8-sized engine fuel consumption - check!
Overweight vehicles lugging around all the extra mass primarily for fashion reasons as only about 15% of them ever leave the road - check!
Cancer-causing diesel particulates emitted - check!

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Woohoo!
Styled for the target-market to have the aerodynamics of a brick wall in order to burn more fuel - check!
Overweight vehicles lugging around all the extra mass primarily for fashion reasons as only about 15% of them ever leave the road - check!
My parents have a V8 LandCruiser and I would t want their diesel costs. It gets about 8.5km to a litre on the open road but when towing their big caravan it uses more than 20 litres per 100km.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Woohoo!
Taking a month to get up to 100kph (while belching black smoke everywhere). Check!

Being a mobile chicane doing 90kph on the highway because you can’t afford the fuel bill on your three tonne brick anymore. Check!

Going slow as fark around corners because your block of flats might keel over if you actually had to do the yellow sign advisory speed around a corner. Check!

Me laughing at you while I lightly press my accelerator to pass you in top gear while still accelerating at twice the speed you can manage with your heavy brick at full throttle after kicking down two gears. Check!

Me laughing at you burning 50% more fuel to go at half the speed in your three tonne brick than I do in my SSV. Check!

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Taking a month to get up to 100kph (while belching black smoke everywhere). Check!

Being a mobile chicane doing 90kph on the highway because you can’t afford the fuel bill on your three tonne brick anymore. Check!

Going slow as fark around corners because your block of flats might keel over if you actually had to do the yellow sign advisory speed around a corner. Check!

Me laughing at you while I lightly press my accelerator to pass you in top gear while still accelerating at twice the speed you can manage with your heavy brick at full throttle after kicking down two gears. Check!

Me laughing at you burning 50% more fuel to go at half the speed in your three tonne brick than I do in my SSV. Check!
They actually arent that bad, they pull very well for what they are, can't say I have had to slow down around corners when doing the speed limit. They actually have a pretty wide track.