Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 sv6 fuel filling not shutting off when full

Jn089

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 sv6 commodore
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or know what to check as when my sister fills her 2016 sv6 of fuel the gun never shuts off and she always spilling fuel

She has tried different fuel nozzle positions and took it to the Holden dealer but they just said practically she doesn’t know how to use a fuel nozzle

Is this a issue anyone else has had?

M

mwb235

Does she go to the same servo, or does it happen at any servo? Sounds more like a bowser fault.

Jn089

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 sv6 commodore
Happens at every Servo apparently

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I've never heard-of nor seen this … is there any way you can watch her as she fills it in some way that won't make her p'd off at the inference she can't use a bowser? I've used cars where some bowsers are a fight to fill as they cut-off all the time, but never a car where it just kept going.
Is she trying to fill past the first "click", where it cuts-off the first time?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
She’s gotta learn how to stick it right in hard.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Happens at every Servo apparently
Like said above stick in all the way wait for first click I then pull out a bit and lightly on trigger and wait for second click just to make sure it is full ( don't want to pull out prematurely )I believe she is getting first click and then giving it another handful no pun intended

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
You can generally hear the sound change when it is getting close to full. Until she gets it fixed, she may have to stick her ear beside it. The sound is just like a bottle of water being filled at a tap, the pitch changes as it nears the top.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wish i had this problem. Takes me 10 - 15mins to fill the ute. Bastard clicks off non stop, from 3/4. Need to trickle fill the last 1/4 and i mean seriously dribbling it in or it clicks off. I have sometimes resorted to filling a can and pouring it in as its quicker than trying to use the nozzle in the filler neck.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I wish i had this problem. Takes me 10 - 15mins to fill the ute. Bastard clicks off non stop, from 3/4. Need to trickle fill the last 1/4 and i mean seriously dribbling it in or it clicks off. I have sometimes resorted to filling a can and pouring it in as its quicker than trying to use the nozzle in the filler neck.
VR or VF? mine is fine just rotate the nozzle 45 degree and really push it in there.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VR or VF? mine is fine just rotate the nozzle 45 degree and really push it in there.
VR, i wish it was like a VF. I have tried the nozzle in every possible position and it still does it. I can only insert it 25mm past the flap or the bastard shuts off. I too think it's operator error or pump problem as it's the nozzle sensing the fuel that shuts it off. The vehicle should have no bearing on it continuing to flow but anything is possible. I wonder if it's back flow by going flat out until it clicks off the first time. I think this has sort of been mentioned, which is normal.

Last edited: