Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 VF SS Black Edition

hutch074

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to post up my car. I just bought my 2016 VF SS Black Edition with 1500km on the clock , the W407 pack is great but I think a W547 might find its way there eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_3412.JPG
    IMG_3412.JPG
    473.8 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_3413.JPG
    IMG_3413.JPG
    434.8 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_3414.JPG
    IMG_3414.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_3409.JPG
    IMG_3409.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 502

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Welcome.

Great looking car u have there congrats

hutch074

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition
Thanks Mike.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Supercharging it sounds good but complicates the pure simplicity. You can build its character with advanced tuning pretty close in real terms to a TVS2300 without the stress, heat, wasted fuel and pollution.
Walkinshaw badge :rolleyes:, doesn’t really engineer per sé, I’d be very weary about the W547 combo of bits given the recent stuff up with W457 (see thread on here).
Same TVS2300, same fuel supply issues, but at the claimed output the stress on the 6l80 prop shaft, diff and even wheel lugs are a risk. Been there done ALL the dumb things with torque, but naturally aspirated even torn out two engine mounts, one on dyno. Ima 50 yo, grown kids, full licence, still a bogan yet a hoon with a thread of common sense.
At very least I’d bounce the Warranty past a solicitor before jumping in to a half baked TVS2300 hyper install (vs the effort for the W1) that doesn’t factor hyper gearbox, diff, cradle, brakes, suspension, cooling, rubber, fuel system etc.
Nice new car just sayin Old Bull / Young(er) Bull, Walkinshaw performance packs are aimed at selling bolt-on kits with worthless warranty inclusions (vs ACL rights) without full and proper thought for overall scaling of engineering or lifespan.

Last edited:

hutch074

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition
Cheers for the feedback and the time taken to write your post monstar, I will do some more reading on the packs before making any decisions. I would not be doing any major mods for at least 12 months so this will give me plenty of time to research it, for now I am just happy to enjoy the car in its current state.