Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 VF SS Redline - Blown Auto Trans

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Do you know how much the cost was for this gearbox ? That would be a nice bit of info.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Do you know how much the cost was for this gearbox ? That would be a nice bit of info.

They won't share that as it's an internal GM matter. You get your car fixed for free all other info is theirs plus they retain the old parts as their property. Don't like that then you have the option to pay for it your self.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I was pricing up a ‘box for a VE SS a couple of years back snd it was about $5500 fitted. And they said they get Fluidrive to provide them (reco) with 2 year warranty

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I wouldn’t want a record gearbox with only a 2 year warranty when a gearbox failure can only be classified as a major fault under ACL, I’d ask for a new gearbox or a full purchase price refund, nothing less.

Holmart 6L90E auto for $8k (reduced from $9750) but they didn’t list a 6L80E which I suspect is a little cheaper.

shakows

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SSV Redline A6 2017
I was getting a clunk when changing from Reverse to Drive in my 2017 Redline
Took to Holden for its normal service and then was asked to bring in again the following week for further diagnosis
Just been advised (today) they are going to replace the transmission under warranty
Car has done just under 50K

SlipStreamBlue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF II SS Redline
Took to Holden for its normal service and then was asked to bring in again the following week for further diagnosis
Just been advised (today) they are going to replace the transmission under warranty
Thanks for posting. Almost makes me feel better that it's not just me.........I'm still waiting for a new transmission to be delivered to the Holden dealership.

shakows

Reaction score
Members Ride
Let us know how long it takes, my waiting started today. All they have said so far is its in Melbourne

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Some more details into the actual characteristics of the issue. What sort of noise, what conditions it occurs, was it drivable or did it loose drive?

shakows

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still driveable, have the car back now
As I said the main thing was especially reversing out of driveway then changing into drive, it would clunk (sometimes with a small jolt)
Seemed to get better the more you drove that day, mainly just the first time that day
Also occasionally when changing gears under slow acceleration it would feel slow but maybe that's me just being used to the ZF in my XR6Turbo
They were able to reproduce twice when I put in for service