Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 VF SS Redline - Blown Auto Trans

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Well there you go,

very nice it is covered under warranty as the financial pain would of been considerable.

shakows

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SSV Redline A6 2017
7 Year Warranty, but looks like year 4-7 are Allianz covered which may be a pain but still its there
But its a Holden 7 year warranty, so assume it will be okay

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
I was having a chat today with a guy who owned a ford ranger. Apparently they have an issue due to over heating when towing.

This guy had gone thru two gear boxes both replaced under Warranty.

He wanted to fit a trans cooler on his ride but Ford told him if he does this it will void his warranty

Rather mad I thought but there you go.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
7 Year Warranty, but looks like year 4-7 are Allianz covered which may be a pain but still its there
But its a Holden 7 year warranty, so assume it will be okay
Interesting. It appears that external covered (allianz) factory warranty is good, as dealers probably can charge allianz more than they would with Holden head office. They replaced my transmission control module worth almost 2k with labour under Allianz warranty without questions.

shakows

Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting. It appears that external covered (allianz) factory warranty is good, as dealers probably can charge allianz more than they would with Holden head office. They replaced my transmission control module worth almost 2k with labour under Allianz warranty without questions.

Good to know.
Always worried about non factory warranties as they are usually not worth the paper they are written on

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Good to know.
Always worried about non factory warranties as they are usually not worth the paper they are written on
These are basically factory warranty paid for by Allianz....so as good as Holden backed one

shakows

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for posting. Almost makes me feel better that it's not just me.........I'm still waiting for a new transmission to be delivered to the Holden dealership.

Any update on your repair?

Mine is booked in for Friday

SlipStreamBlue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF II SS Redline
Any update on your repair?

Mine is booked in for Friday
I picked the car up on Thursday the 15th, so it was almost 3 weeks from when I took it in. Having said that the box was fitted on Monday the 12th but they had to order a seal which of course needed to come to Sydney from Melbourne, adding on a further 3 days.
Not complaining about the time taken as it was all covered at no cost.
So far so good, gear changes are as smooth as ever and all appears to be fine.

SlipStreamBlue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF II SS Redline
I was having a chat today with a guy who owned a ford ranger. Apparently they have an issue due to over heating when towing.

This guy had gone thru two gear boxes both replaced under Warranty.

He wanted to fit a trans cooler on his ride but Ford told him if he does this it will void his warranty

Rather mad I thought but there you go.
The tow truck driver who towed me to the Holden dealership said the most cars he picks up with blown gearboxes are Ford Rangers.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The tow truck driver who towed me to the Holden dealership said the most cars he picks up with blown gearboxes are Ford Rangers.

probably something to do with that recall over pumps or whatever.