Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 VF SV6 Sedan gearbox problems

Shayne94

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SV6
Hi guys quick question
I have a 2016 VF SV6 3.6 Auto
Just wanted to know if anyone has had any transmission problems mine who gear box has just **** it’s self at 90000k went to start it up this morning and no transmission at all has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it Holden warranty
Thanks

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Not common but Holden should fix under warranty

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
warranty.
mine **** itself at just under 50k, and was still within 3 years new. dealer paid for all of it.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
warranty.
mine **** itself at just under 50k, and was still within 3 years new. dealer paid for all of it.

Did you find out what the problem was? I've had Borg-Warner auto boxes in the past fail due to fatigue breakage in a diaphragm spring plate clutch (a common fault which was eventually recognised and cured by B-W by fitting a beefier plate), but I thought GM boxes were generally pretty robust and reliable.

Clubbyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7l senator rep
Its a common probs with vfs sold in wa there was a recall for gear box wiring for autos on series 1 vfs sv6 and sv8 not to shore if there still recalling them now

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Its a common probs with vfs sold in wa there was a recall for gear box wiring for autos on series 1 vfs sv6 and sv8 not to shore if there still recalling them now

Which begs the question: why just in WA when they're all built at Elizabeth in SA?

Clubbyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7l senator rep
Not to shore I had one mate who had his hole car taken and give the money back because holden could not find the problem it only had 23000 km on the clock

Clubbyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7l senator rep
He has a vz now with a 6.2l with ve/vf gear box that has no probs at all just when that changed the body shape that must of changed something in the gearbox because as far as I know ve and early vf have the same box

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Did you find out what the problem was? I've had Borg-Warner auto boxes in the past fail due to fatigue breakage in a diaphragm spring plate clutch (a common fault which was eventually recognised and cured by B-W by fitting a beefier plate), but I thought GM boxes were generally pretty robust and reliable.

I had symptoms of going from park to drive and it would shunt, but gear changes were fine.
they showed me the pan and magnet in it and it did have some larger metal shavings... so something went wrong internally.

They put in a new box no worries.