Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 vf2 steering colum lock

commyowner69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
I've recently had service steering colum lock pop up I've heard it's pretty serious as it can lead to power steering shutting off just wondering what I should be expecting to pay and if it can only be done by certified holden mechanic or any local mechanic any info about the issue appreciated

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
No big deal. Sometimes it happens if you put pressure on the steering wheel when the car is turned off.
Mine popped up once years ago and never came back.

Is it still showing the message ?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Steering lock is the electronic lock once the vehicle is turned off and the drivers door is opened. Mine pops up and I think it's got to do with the drivers door lock switch having a slow responses talking back to BCM. Notice it happens more in the warmer weather.

commyowner69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
No big deal. Sometimes it happens if you put pressure on the steering wheel when the car is turned off.
Mine popped up once years ago and never came back.

Is it still showing the message ?
Not atm

commyowner69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6
Steering lock is the electronic lock once the vehicle is turned off and the drivers door is opened. Mine pops up and I think it's got to do with the drivers door lock switch having a slow responses talking back to BCM. Notice it happens more in the warmer weather.
Yeah I'm hoping it's nothing serious

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Had it happen a few times with my Gen-F2 GTS. Was going to disconnect/reconnect the wiring to the steering lock module to determine if there was some kind of connector issue, but then the message went away and the steering lock still works. If it's an infrequent message I wouldn't be too worried.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Had it happen a few times with my Gen-F2 GTS. Was going to disconnect/reconnect the wiring to the steering lock module to determine if there was some kind of connector issue, but then the message went away and the steering lock still works. If it's an infrequent message I wouldn't be too worried.
It can happen if you steady yourself on the steering wheel getting in and out of the car.