Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 VFSS-V2 redline - someone's messed with my car

suzieQ2024

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Vf series2 redline
Hi guys,.
I'm hoping someone can give me answers purchased a vf series2 few months ago it's recently spent weeks at different mechanics that the dealer arranged. Finally get it back and it's just not the same yet it's meant to of had harmonic balancer done and lifters. For anyone who has this car the note is wonderful on them and doesn't take much to put ya back in seat when you put foot down however mines no longer loud and all the neighbours have even commented about it being quiet, I got under car and I'm sure exhausts been swapped as mine was chrome no it's not it's also dented and rims are scratched to pieces as well as for some reason the carpet all been pulled up and wasn't put back properly. Is there anyone with the stock exhaust on series2 that could upload a photo to compare to how mine should look as I think I'm going to be up with a fight now to prove this and I'm furious as spending nearly $50 G and this **** happening im sure would make any ones blood boil.and before anyone mentions yes I've spoken with consumer affairs but I want to get all info I can now to have some sort of evidence before I can lose my ****.thanks in advance please help

• Sad
Reactions: Lex

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Hi guys,.
I'm hoping someone can give me answers purchased a vf series2 few months ago it's recently spent weeks at different mechanics that the dealer arranged. Finally get it back and it's just not the same yet it's meant to of had harmonic balancer done and lifters. For anyone who has this car the note is wonderful on them and doesn't take much to put ya back in seat when you put foot down however mines no longer loud and all the neighbours have even commented about it being quiet, I got under car and I'm sure exhausts been swapped as mine was chrome no it's not it's also dented and rims are scratched to pieces as well as for some reason the carpet all been pulled up and wasn't put back properly. Is there anyone with the stock exhaust on series2 that could upload a photo to compare to how mine should look as I think I'm going to be up with a fight now to prove this and I'm furious as spending nearly $50 G and this **** happening im sure would make any ones blood boil.and before anyone mentions yes I've spoken with consumer affairs but I want to get all info I can now to have some sort of evidence before I can lose my ****.thanks in advance please help
If you feel like parts of your car have been stolen then you should go to the police. After all, you do appear to have suspects.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Hi guys,.
Do you have any pics, details of the advertised car ? If it’s advertised with 3” mantra but during getting things done now sports something different - it’s theft, and police need to be involved.

suzieQ2024

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Vf series2 redline
Do you have any pics, details of the advertised car ? If it’s advertised with 3” mantra but during getting things done now sports something different - it’s theft, and police need to be involved.
I took photos of my car inside and out when I brought it but not under the car I was pretty certain it was a chrome exhaust however it is not anymore and mine def wasn't dented and **** looking my rims also didn't have chunks taken out and covered with black texta..it's not fair you put your car at mechanics thinking it will be safe and this is someone worst nightmare with buying a car, I wanted to put a camera in when it got sent to mechanics but didn't get to do that and I'm kicking my self now. I'm just needing photos of someone's exhaust who still had it as factory to compare it to thanks for advice ☺️

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
I took photos of my car inside and out when I brought it but not under the car I was pretty certain it was a chrome exhaust however it is not anymore and mine def wasn't dented and **** looking my rims also didn't have chunks taken out and covered with black texta..it's not fair you put your car at mechanics thinking it will be safe and this is someone worst nightmare with buying a car, I wanted to put a camera in when it got sent to mechanics but didn't get to do that and I'm kicking my self now. I'm just needing photos of someone's exhaust who still had it as factory to compare it to thanks for advice ☺️
If it had a chrome or stainless exhaust- it’s likely to be in the advertised material ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Take a picture of all the exhaust bolts....This will tell if the system has been changed.

As for proving this all happened is near impossible....

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V

For pics, go onto car sales and have a look at the same model as yours if it's a factory exhaust.