Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 vs 2017 Redline differences?

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Hi guys,

First post here. Looks like a great forum. I'm in the market to buy a VF2 Redline in the next 2 months or so, and am just curious as to whether there are any differences between 2016 and 2017 big enough to warrant one over the other?

Car will definitely be a manual trans, if it matters.

I haven't been able to find much online, maybe my google skills are crap but yeah. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
I owned a 2015 build MY 16 SSVR and currently drive a MY 17 SSVR which I traded to. Only reason I did it was I fell in love with LMF orange as a colour and wanted to have one from final year of production. Bradles024 is right on changes between the two and driving wise they’re the same. Just depends on what you’re looking for and budget. But imo you can’t go wrong with either.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
There's nothing much between them. You should use the carsales website/app to find cars as well.
I'd probably try to find one with a long running factory warrantt - some sales events over the past few years had 5 year factory warranty promotions.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I bought a 2016 as I really wanted the Prussian Steal colour which was rumoured to be cancelled. I ordered it with the blackout kit so all I missed out on was the Tyre Pressure Monitor sensors and the black trim around the windows. Also the interiors in the 2017 has a piano black trim vs the faux carbon fibre in the 16 however I have learned to appreciate the faux carbon fibre as it is not scratch and finger print prone like the piano black finish trim on the 17. Saved me a lot of $$$ in the end buying a MY16 vs a MY17 so win win

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There's nothing much between them. You should use the carsales website/app to find cars as well.
I'd probably try to find one with a long running factory warrantt - some sales events over the past few years had 5 year factory warranty promotions.
Anyone know if you can retro-purchase the current 7yr warranty from Holden, with full Holden terms & conditions, like you can with other manufacturers as diverse as Suzuki & Porsche?

gtsfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 GTS
Anyone know if you can retro-purchase the current 7yr warranty from Holden, with full Holden terms & conditions, like you can with other manufacturers as diverse as Suzuki & Porsche?
I bought my 2016 GTS back in May this year....and was offered Holden extended warranty for either an extra 1 , 2 or 3 years.
I chose the 3 year option....think I paid around $2800 for it from memory.

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Thanks for all the input guys.

Looks like theres not much in it, so i guess it will come down to whatever I can find a better deal on when it happens.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
MY17 has a different tune/program to give you more power down low compared to MY16.

Mike__

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2ssv
MY17 has a different tune/program to give you more power down low compared to MY16.

Driving 2 family members 17' redlines repeatably compared to my 15' this is noticeable. Both had better throttle response and acceleration low-mid despite my louder exhaust. I thought mine was just a dud initially until one of them eluded me to this.

Had an aftermarket tune done which fixed the spongey low end response

Mike