Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2017 Commodore Made in China

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Also, if you buy one before January 26 each year, you get a free Australia Day celebration kit, comprising bucket hat, miniature flag, inflatable thong-shaped surf floatee and I love Australia T-shirt, all Chinese made, of course

Sadly on NZ the Chinese are buying up large Fischer and Paykell white ware was sold a couple of years ago and are buying farms left right and centre and soon to open a Dairy processing plant .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Exactly my opinon and funnily enough, Toyota seems to be trying to trade in on that image with their "hip to be square" Camry advertising. What sort of image does it convey except that their cars are utterly ordinary, unimaginative, boring bloody tin boxes (which is precisely what Camry's have been since 1992, when the wide body model appeared)?

Even Toyota themselves have described their cars as "white goods on wheels". That said, Toyota Plans To Let Americans Make Toyota Fun Again. Not sure if it's just rhretoric or a definate change in philosophy into the future.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I guess you haven't seen (if its still there) the billboard they had across the freeway from Toyota near the Bolte Bridge?

has a picture of Kyle Busch's Nascar Camry with the slogan "sportier then you think"
yeah, because the standard run of the mill one is exactly that shape on the outside, made of plastic a bit of metal tubing and a good power plant v8 up front.. :/

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sadly on NZ the Chinese are buying up large Fischer and Paykell white ware was sold a couple of years ago and are buying farms left right and centre and soon to open a Dairy processing plant.

Don't worry, they're buying plenty of farm land here as well. Before we know it we will be "importing" home grown food.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Most vineyard / winery sales over the past 18 months have been to Chinese too.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Most vineyard / winery sales over the past 18 months have been to Chinese too.

While we sit around and moan about government subsidies many Chinese are "making hay while the sun shines" under their own governments subsidies....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Meanwhile the FIRB sits around twiddling it's thumbs.

Mike1990

Reaction score
So it's Chinese made and not even resembling the old model? Sounds like a disaster to me. I wonder what the Americans think about the Buick version.