Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2017 SSVR Red Hot

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Hi all,

New to the forum but have been reading it for months. So much valuable information on here. Great to see such a strong community around these brilliant cars.

Recently picked up my 2017 SSVR M6 with HF20s and a black roof. Loving it so far, except for some very creaky suspension, which I need to get checked out. Also, the driver's seat pinches my big ass, but I expect that will subside with a bit more time in the driver's seat. Looking forward to solving that problem!

Don't see that many Red Hot's being shown on these pages so I though I'd post up a couple of mine. These were taken by the guy who applied Brila Paint Protection soon after I picked up the beast.

Brila has been good so far. Recommended to me as being slightly superior to Opticoat. Not sure whether that's right, but my car isn't garaged so I was happy to pay slightly more even if the difference is negligible.

IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1260.JPG

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
One thing I really like about the Series II and the MY17 in particular is the gloss black trim all around. Matches the Phantom Black roof perfectly, which I really like. I'll be getting a tint soon enough, which will enhance the look, I'm sure.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Congrats on your purchase, Love the your colour choice, Its what I have chosen for my MSE.
looks awsome, the paint protection just enhances the colour just a step extra with the extra benefits that come with it.

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Thanks! MSE is gonna be great. Was hanging out for it, but my budget and circumstances conspired against it.

I'll be watching to see how "permanent" the protection proves to be... I'm somewhat skeptical, but they lifetime warrant the application and offer annual checkups, so just a matter of going back and hussling a bit if it the protection dulls over time.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Thanks! MSE is gonna be great. Was hanging out for it, but my budget and circumstances conspired against it.

I'll be watching to see how "permanent" the protection proves to be... I'm somewhat skeptical, but they lifetime warrant the application and offer annual checkups, so just a matter of going back and hussling a bit if it the protection dulls over time.
The car looks great mate, about a month till I receive mine, I am curious about the "creaky" suspension going you mentioned?

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Thanks, man. Loving the V8 and manual transmission. Such a pleasure once you're in sync with the clutch, etc.

At about 1000kms, the front end started creaking over any sort of bump or undulation, irrespective of speed. At first, I wasn't sure whether it was just something in the dash. Tended to be quieter when wet, which made me think it was bushes needing lubrication. Seriously, it creaking like an old ship. Passengers could hear it and a few actuallly mentioned it without any suggestion.

Had it looked at during the 1 month check-in. Dealership agreed it was creaking and said they retensioned the front suspension to rectify it. It was good for about 500kms, but its back again. Back end has started creaking now, too. Took it back yesterday (Saturday). Again, they agreed it was creaking - front and back - but wanted the car on a weekday to take a deeper look and hopefully rectify it. Potentially engine mounts, but I really do suspect suspension bushes.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm on city roads and motorways only, and drive carefully.

Funny how this type of thing can ruin the enjoyment of the car, not to mention one's confidence in it. Got into my wife's eight year old Beamer today and it was tight as a drum. Little bit disheartening if I'm being honest. Brand new car and all... I did worry about build quality in this last year of production. Hopefully this is just a one off with my car.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Thanks, man. Loving the V8 and manual transmission. Such a pleasure once you're in sync with the clutch, etc.

At about 1000kms, the front end started creaking over any sort of bump or undulation, irrespective of speed. At first, I wasn't sure whether it was just something in the dash. Tended to be quieter when wet, which made me think it was bushes needing lubrication. Seriously, it creaking like an old ship. Passengers could hear it and a few actuallly mentioned it without any suggestion.

Had it looked at during the 1 month check-in. Dealership agreed it was creaking and said they retensioned the front suspension to rectify it. It was good for about 500kms, but its back again. Back end has started creaking now, too. Took it back yesterday (Saturday). Again, they agreed it was creaking - front and back - but wanted the car on a weekday to take a deeper look and hopefully rectify it. Potentially engine mounts, but I really do suspect suspension bushes.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm on city roads and motorways only, and drive carefully.

Funny how this type of thing can ruin the enjoyment of the car, not to mention one's confidence in it. Got into my wife's eight year old Beamer today and it was tight as a drum. Little bit disheartening if I'm being honest. Brand new car and all... I did worry about build quality in this last year of production. Hopefully this is just a one off with my car.
Wow... Sounds like bushes to me to without seeing it, which can respond to a tightening, but not solve the problem if the lube is wrong. Just a point, I have a mate that had a squeak free car, tool it to an event, drove in some water and then had the squeakiest taxi sounding car ever, an overnight change hey, took a total re lube and clean of all the bushes to silence it. BTW when it rained the sounds would dissapate however when it dried out again same squeaky boat sound.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Looks fantastic Walshy!

I know nothing about photography, so if you don't mind me asking how did you get your photos like that, as they look professionally done or photoshopped.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your suspension. It's always disappointing when a niggly issue like this detracts from the joy of a new car purchase.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The photos look like they have been overexposed on a low f-stop (like 5.6) to keep only the car in focus. But I am not an expert either.
Love the car btw.

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Can't claim credit for the photos, unfortunately. They were taken by the guy who did the Brila paint protection, which he throws in as part of the job as a nice little extra. The workshop was nowhere near that bright so agree with dgp about the overexposure, etc.