Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2017 SV6

haveachat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SV6 Ute
Hi all,

Picked up my new toy, I mean, tool, last Wednesday and took it out Saturday for a few happy snaps (and to, cough, run it through the rev range in the hills outside of Canberra). This is the Son of a Gun grey, although the light on Saturday arvo makes it look like a deep green/black.

Couldn't be happier - upgraded from a MY10 VE Omega poverty pack, and the VF is a world apart. Have spent too much time in a work Evoque, but never the SV6. Apart from the mudflaps, it's as stock as they come, and I think it looks bloody brilliant.

vf-1.jpg

vf-3.jpg

haveachat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SV6 Ute
That colour looks good.
Thanks panhead - I'm really happy with it. I was going to go with the Nitrate (silver), which was what I had the VE in, but I reckon the Son of a Gun grey goes much better with the black accent wheels that come on the Series 2 version of the SV6.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've owned the Silver as well and think the darker colour looks much better.

Plus when I buy a new car I always make sure it's a different colour to the previous one otherwise I don't feel like I have a new car.

haveachat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SV6 Ute
(Belated response) Not a bad strategy, @panhead! I used to have a vehicle packaged with my salary, but given the kilometres I did, ended up turning them over every 6-8 months. Became easier to get the replacement/new vehicle in the same colour as the old one to save the inevitable 20 questions (and assumptions) that came with every turnover!