Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2018 RS Commodore

purchased my new Commodore RS in August, tonight the Change Oil display appeared. Is this normal to

• It is normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is chewing oil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LouBarbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 Commodore RS
I purchased my new Commodore RS in August, tonight the Change Oil display appeared. Is this normal to display so soon and need oil changed....it has 5,000kms. My husband checked the oil last week and thinks it might be chewing. Anyone with a new style Commodore that could help? TIA

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Would think it’s probably due for its 1st oil change after running the motor in from new if it hasn’t been done already, take it back to your dealership

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Check the handbook in the glove box. The first oil change is recommended at an earlier interval than normal because it ensures any foreign material in the engine from machining and assembly is filtered and removed before it can create problems later. The computer in the car would be programmed to give the warning at each of the factory specified intervals.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Sounds normal to me. The run-in phase dirties oil quickly due to the tightness of an engine's first few thousand kms, such as bedding in rings and stuff. I bet if you check it would already be discoloured, if not black.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yep, take it to your stealership to get serviced.