Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 block preping. Building a motor.

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
Hi As you have shown an intrest in o-ringing your block thought you may like a pic of mine. I run a turbo 202 @ 8 pound of boost 6500 rpm rev limit and has 235rwhp as a daily driver. Other safe guards I have done are notching of the bores for larger valves and helicoils in my head bolt thread bosses and I run a headstud kit.
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hiy_po/block/IMGP0463.JPG.html

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Cheers for the info guys. As for V6 conversion, you can do it here, but its pretty costly too. I had thought about it. I do have june off work as i found out today, so ill look into exactly whats need and the cost and weigh up the options.

Ill check out your gallery now.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
If ya need any help on doing a v6 conversion let me know. Iv done one already n doing my brothers using the whole vn loom n nearly done. I highly recommend it for p players cos usually got better fuel economy and got as much power as anyone else with a commodore but in an older way better looking car :) all up my brother has spent 1500 on the conversion 1200 for a pretty good vk 200 on a recon vn I had sittin around then say 200 for bits like vl intermediate shaft etc 350 for engineers certificate n he is gonna go with a full custom exhaust with extractors n has been quoted 800 for that. So all up about 2500 n you already got the car so roughly 1500 - 2000 on the road!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
Well in sa we got a stupid law come in around November n the restrictions are basically no v8s, no superchargers, no turbos etc and nothing that increases performance by more then 25%. rang about 8 different government places to be certain he was gonna be aloud to drive it. Have no idea about anywhere else but that's the new law in sa.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
202s are ok if theyre built right ,ive been kaning the arse out of mine for ages and nothings broke yet but wont take it over 5500 rpm , but as for leaks i even pulled my engine out recently to fix them took my time and the bloody thing still leaks dont put the nylon timing gears back in put steel ones in because they break without notice or reason and leave you stranded and change the gear on your dizzy to a steel one off a v8 .

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series I VY SS Ute 5.7/M6
Personally, I'd put the 202 in a bin, and spend the cash that you were going to spend on the 202 into doing a V6 conversion.

I've been doing a lot of research and from what i've seen/driven, a V6 gives a better power to weight ratio and is (when stock or tuned) better than a kitted 202.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR