Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 block preping. Building a motor.

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
I would email Qld Tpt, you will have the correct answer within 48 hours. I may be wrong but as it is legal to fit the V6 you may be ok as it is not turbo, supercharged rotary or V8 and less than 200kw. The V6 must be unmodified and be running a standard engine computer. You may be correct in your assumption about fitting another engine, not modifying your original engine.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
its my understanding that if the particular model car in your case a vc didnt have the engine as a factory option then it requires an engineers certificate so the only engines you can use without a certificate are starfire 4, 2.8 lt ,3.3 lt, 4.2lt carby or 5.0 lt carby .

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
its my understanding that if the particular model car in your case a vc didnt have the engine as a factory option then it requires an engineers certificate so the only engines you can use without a certificate are starfire 4, 2.8 lt ,3.3 lt, 4.2lt carby or 5.0 lt carby .

He will need to get an engineers certificate, that is the reason the engine and computer must be stock. Qld can't test for emissions so they think if everything is stock it should be ok. A V6 into a VC is an approved engine swap by Qld. Tpt. as long as it is engineered and the brakes upgraded accordingly.