Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 mod helps

B

blade20034

hey im new here and well i own a vc station waggon and it has a a blue 202 3.3lt in it i herd that the red 202 revs a lot harder and better to mod
my mate had a red 202 bored it to a 206 flat top pissteons crow cam port polsihed head extractors with a 650 holly with 52 serious jets and it went nice very lumpy
i wont to know what can i do to a 202 what is the best way to get the most hp out of it and what is the most can you get out of tham any help would be good cheers

P

portercg

A modded 202 blue will eat a red motor dollar for dollar. they already have lots of good bits as standard, here's the main difference (standard comparison)

blue paint (haha OK seroiusly)
New block incorporates conrod clearance grooves in the 3300, and revised water passages
12 counterweight crank (excellent for high revs and fairly strong) the harmonic balancer is also different to suit this crank
Stronger rods
Stronger pistons
Different cam but still a pollution control cam
even the hydraulic lifters are different
Better high energy ignition
MUCH better head, it's got 12 ports, rotators in the exhaust valves, larger valves, dual valve springs (well the inner is really a dampener spring) better combustion chamber shape (hence the different long reach sparkplugs),
different water passages.

I've seen blue motors that have had nothing more than a careful rebuild at the bottom end, mild porting with a 3 angle valve job, 2 inch exhaust, and a good sports cam. that's all and boy can they hammer for what they are.

So with your engine, do as above, you'd probably need a re-bore so get it bored just to the next oversize, not the max oversize if you can help it. go for flat tops if you can. once it's run in get it dyno tuned and I'm sure you will be happy. Don't remove all the pollution control. most of it has to do with getting the engine warmed up faster (a good thing) and controlling pollution when it gets hot.

having said all that, watch out for the legalities of modifying in your state.
send pics..

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Geez

A 650 Holly ? thats huge !!! ...

A friend put in a Mild cam + 350 Holly ... Went well ...

A 400Holly may have allowed it to rev higher and put down some more power , but would have been wasted without porting / flowing the head etc ..

My friend Carl [ Rip ] ran a trick 351 with a 650 Holly ....

Is there a 2 barrel 650 ?

Matt