Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 Red Info

suspct05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Does anyone know if a 202 red motor Crank case, sump and exhaust manifold will fit up to a Vk Efi 3.3
As i have a marine kit for a red motor, Dont want to buy the motor then realize they wont fit.

Cheers

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
crank case and sump, they should fit.If the sump out of a HQ you going to stick that in a vk it won't fit. but the exhaust manifold only fit 9 port head to a 9 port head, as same as 12 port head to a 12 port head. As for marine kit i don't know.

suspct05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Thanks for the reply, Looks like im going to be doing some welding :) In a boat you flip the motor and drive directly from the crank, so a stock exhaust manifold will face in the wrong direction. I THINK

Cheers again

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
yerp exhaust is wrong for marine , sort of, a red manifold can have the exhaust face any direction really but all 12 port head manifolds have the twin pipes coming off im fairly sure, and they cant be easily made to face other directions but youll be having to make custom pipes anyway so it would be possible. my uncle has a 202 in a boat, its the wierdest looking thing. unless your looking at a fairly small boat nothing less then a 308 will be suffice, and even they are a bit underpowered, most go for the good ol 350 chev :D